• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubicle Labs Polymer Coating

Riley M

WCA
2017MADD03
Since Cubicle Labs boron treatment didn't work out, Chris Tran is now working on Polymer Coating. Polymer Coating is a chemical coating that is put on the plastic to make it softer and faster. Unlike boron treatment, polymer coating can be applied to any puzzle and is an easier process. There are even cubes being sent to testers. I saw that there wasn't a thread for this and wanted to hear the community's thoughts on this. Chirs has made 2 videos so far which go further into detail and I will link them both here.
Video 1
Video 2

U

Underwatercuber

Boron treatment did work XD I think Chris just believes (or knows) this new thing is better

U

Underwatercuber

It did work, however it had different results with different plastics and was inconsistent. It was also expensive, difficult, and a little dangerous.
However polymer coating fixes those problems and is indeed way better
I do agree polymer coatings will probably turn out better but it's not very expensive and also not too dangerous if you follow correct safety procedures

Draranor

Premium Member
WCA
2016REIC01
Will the polymer coating change plastic color or will it not be affected?
In Chris' most recent video update on polymer coatings, in the description at least, he mentioned that it's almost invisible on the pieces; I think he might've mentioned in a reply to a comment that it would only be on the internals or something too, but I could be wrong

Last edited: