• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubetimer.com shut down?

shock9191

I have just noticed that for a few days now, cubetimer.com has been offline... :( Any idea why? Will it be back on again? And hum, any sites that works the same? (I love the fact that it kept your times in memory, and that it calculates AVG)

Thanks,

Shock

ajayd

I've been wondering the same thing. I've started using CCT

CarlBrannen

WCA
2013BRAN01
Once you've tried prisma puzzle timer (where you run it on your own computer and it keeps records there), it's hard to use the web timers. Prisma puzzle timer works whenever your computer is running, you don't need the internet. And it keeps track of the scrambles so you can redo a scramble that gave you a record time 6 months ago.
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?25790-Prisma-Puzzle-Timer

Endgame

Once you've tried prisma puzzle timer (where you run it on your own computer and it keeps records there), it's hard to use the web timers. Prisma puzzle timer works whenever your computer is running, you don't need the internet. And it keeps track of the scrambles so you can redo a scramble that gave you a record time 6 months ago.
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?25790-Prisma-Puzzle-Timer
what you do need though is a downgraded version of Java, which is a double whammy.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Once you've tried prisma puzzle timer (where you run it on your own computer and it keeps records there), it's hard to use the web timers. Prisma puzzle timer works whenever your computer is running, you don't need the internet.
My computer is always on the internet.
I'm on the browser much of the time.
So... Ctrl-T Q Enter and I'm at qqtimer. Yeah, extremely hard.

CarlBrannen

WCA
2013BRAN01
I write java and always have the latest version. Prisma puzzle seems to work fine whether I use the original jar file or the one I modified (which is another advantage of prism puzzle timer but only if you write java). And I don't have internet at home.

Endgame

I write java and always have the latest version. Prisma puzzle seems to work fine whether I use the original jar file or the one I modified (which is another advantage of prism puzzle timer but only if you write java). And I don't have internet at home.
PPT requires you to use Java (which is reason enough not to use it). qqtimer only requires a browser with JavaScript enabled.