• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubesmith stickers

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought a two-pack for 3x3s, one of which I used on a Rubik's brand cube I lost somewhere

Now there's no way these are legit...right? The description says they were imported from the US :eek: and the link in the description looks legit http://bbs.mf8-china.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44095&extra=&page=1

I have some dayan cubes with crappy stock stickers and I'm tempted to put these on

SH03L4C3

This looks so damn sketchy:
"
About this baby:

This baby is a standard sticker produced by Cubesmith for the56mm third-order cube.

"
Probably not. It is 9 yens. That is less than a dollar

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
This looks so damn sketchy:
"
About this baby:

This baby is a standard sticker produced by Cubesmith for the56mm third-order cube.

"
Probably not. It is 9 yens. That is less than a dollar
that's just crappy translation. btw the currency is yuan and it's slightly over one dollar. but cubesmith stickers weren't too expensive back in the day and the seller may have bought in bulk (there's like 1000 of each color scheme available). what makes me think it's legit is the link to the mf8 forums which is from the right time period and the seller is a longtime seller. and if it's not legit... well having knockoff cubesmith stickers is more interesting than having genuine stickers!

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
Cubesmith was great. I sill have 10ish sets of their old stuff but they don't fit on modern cubes. It sort of pains me that I can't use them.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
what size?
I'll have to check the size and let you know; the sets are all from 2008-2010ish. I just recall that when I tried them on newer cubes they didn't fit because of the material removed from newer edges and corners and the sets just generally seemed a bit bigger. I know I used them on an F-II, type D, and older alpha cube.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll have to check the size and let you know; the sets are all from 2008-2010ish. I just recall that when I tried them on newer cubes they didn't fit because of the material removed from newer edges and corners and the sets just generally seemed a bit bigger. I know I used them on an F-II, type D, and older alpha cube.
I ask because if you can ship through mail, I may buy some from you.
Of course they won't work on modern cubes due to their shape because of rounded centers and edges, though since modern speedcubes have squared off corners those might work.
The bigger issue is size, but if I get cubesmith stickers I would use them on some of my dayan cubes (the dayan stock stickers I've received have been generally poor quality - chipping quickly and so thin as to let the black plastic underneath show through for yellow and orange)