• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubes and Also Non-cubes Competition || Finals Begin September 1st!

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
These are the scrambles for Round 1.

Results are to be submitted in this form.

FMC round 1 results are to be submitted in this form.

3x3 Multi-Blind Scrambles.

If 20 scrambles is not going to be enough, let me know so I can add some more.
If you DNF your first attempt, you still have a second attempt to get a result.

Last edited:
The number of rounds/number of finalists in some events (those which were borderline two/three rounds or participants in finals) have changed. Here is the updated version! Basically, OH will now have two rounds, and Megaminx will have 4 finalists instead.

2x2: 3 Rounds—16 in round two, 8 in final
3x3: 3 rounds—16 in round two, 8 in final
4x4: 3 rounds—12 in round two, 8 in final
5x5: 2 rounds—6 in final

3x3 OH: 2 rounds—8 in final
3x3 BLD: 2 rounds—4 in final
3x3 FMC: 2 rounds—6 in final

Pyraminx: 2 rounds—8 in final
Skewb: 2 rounds—8 in final
Megaminx: 2 rounds—4 in final
Square-1: 2 rounds—6 in final
Rubik’s Clock: 2 rounds—4 in final

Last edited:

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
what if I get the scrambles wrong unknowingly?
If this was an IRL WCA competition, a misscramble would merit a re-solve, since extra scrambles would be provided. But I didn't consider giving extra scrambles, so that's wrong on my part. On your part, I think it should just be a DNF.

WCA
2023HAMI07
YouTube
Visit Channel
so do I have to just remove the best and worst solves and then basically calculate the ao3 of the remaining solves?
yes you take out the best and worst solves, and add all the remaining solves together, then divide by 3. thats your ao5

EDIT: Ok i was at my dads when round one started, so I thought id be late

Last edited:

Nevan J

WCA
2022JAIN05
YouTube
Visit Channel
since I am pretty bad at scrambling 4x4 and I make a lot of mistakes, I had to use alg.cubing.net to check If I miscrambled or not on 4x4, and I made soooo many mistakes on 4x4, so will my average just be DNF??? I was making sure I didn't focus on inspecting when checking the scramble :( what should I do I am just really bad at 4x4 scrambles

WCA
2023HAMI07
YouTube
Visit Channel
since I am pretty bad at scrambling 4x4 and I make a lot of mistakes, I had to use alg.cubing.net to check If I miscrambled or not on 4x4, and I made soooo many mistakes on 4x4, so will my average just be DNF??? I was making sure I didn't focus on inspecting when checking the scramble :( what should I do I am just really bad at 4x4 scrambles
pay VERY close attention to 4x4 scrambles. and dont go fast while scrambling 4x4. go at a steady pace.