• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Cuber for a couple of years coming back

FredzyW

Hey everyone!
I've been doing speedcubing for a couple years on and off.
Recently returned with a newfound intrest in 4x4, and my primay goal is to get sub 60 on it.
My hobbies include basketball and weightliftning, but I've been really focused on the cube lately.
I usually play Rocket League as well, and if you wanna play then add me on steam, my name is Fredz there.
I wish you all a good day and I hope to talk to you all :)

Times:
2x2 - sub 4
3x3 sub 17
4x4 sub 80

Last edited:

FredzyW

Hey Dylan, I learned Yau pretty recently (2 weeks ago) but haven't got it quite effective yet. Any personal tips?

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well. I don't know how you solve tho. If I knew which steps take longer than necessary and should be focused on, I could help more. I avg about 55 for 200 solves. For me, first 2 centers take about 2 or 3 seconds. first 3 edges take another 5-7 and last 4 centers take about 8 seconds then I finish last cross edge and last 8 edges in about 17 seconds I think. Then 3x3 stage about 15 or 17 seconds. Still a lot I can work on. Look ahead is very important for 3-2-3 edge pairing and for first 3 cross edges during first 2C. Sorry Im not much help. Almost midnight haha

FredzyW

Tested my splits just now:
2C: 7 s
3 edge: 12 sec
4C: 9 s
last edge: 4 s
3-2-3: 20 s
3x3: 23 sec

Parts to improve on?

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
2C could come down to maybe a 5. Try use inspection to plan out one center and just have a general idea of where the 2nd center's colors are. 3 edges maybe down to 9 but that take practice. I remember struggling quite a while with that. What is your 3x3 avg. Cause if it is around 25 or so then your 3x3 stage can only be improved by being faster at 3x3. Bit rusty with 3x3 maybe? All the best luck, I am around, for a chat or advice. I do 2-7 and all bld events. I do pyra and mega and skewb and sq1 but i wont say im anything beyong noob, maybe beginner. I do OH avg 30

FredzyW

Thanks for the great advice! I will keep working on the rusty parts and maybe one day I'll be a pretty solid 4x4-solver :)