• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CubeEnthusiast15's Progression Thread

What is your top 3 favorite WCA or Non-WCA puzzles?

• 2x2

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 3x3

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • 4x4

• 5x5

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 6x6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7x7

• megaminx

• pyraminx

• square-1

• skewb

• clock

• redi-cube

• curvy copter

• dino cube

• mirror blocks

• other

• 7x7 - 15x15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just learned about speedsolving.com a week ago and someone (LBr) said it would be a good idea to start a progression thread. So here is a few things you should know about me (my PB's, cubes I have and my mains, cubes (not just WCA) I am learning, and updates on my algorithm learning):

Cubes I own:

2x2: 2 Square-1: 1 Curvy Copter: 1
3x3: 7 Skewb: 1 Void Cube: 1
4x4: 3 Pyraminx: 1
5x5: 2 Megaminx: 1
6x6: 1 Mirror Blocks: 1
7x7: 1 X-Cube: 1
8x8: 1 Rubik's Tower (2x2x4): 1

My PBs on my Mains (on cubes I actually "try" to speed solve):

2x2: 4.457 s ( Don't know the brand but it is pretty old and clunky)
3x3: 31.385 s (GAN 356 M)
4x4: 2.50.52 m (Very bad cheap QiYi QiYuan) ps. I need a better 4x4 lol
5x5: 4.03.48 m (Stickered Mofang JiaoShi) I also need a better 5x5

Last edited:
I use CFOP with what is somewhat 2-look OLL and PLL mixed with a few normal CFOP algs.
I am trying to learn full PLL so here is what I know: Ua, Ub, H, Z, and Jb perms. Right now I am learning T and F which are surprisingly similar.

I have a new 3x3 main—the Moyu RS3M 2020. Now I know people are probably thinking, why switch to an 8-dollar budget cube from a Gan cube (specifically the GAN 356 M). The main reason is that the RS3M has a heavier and more stable feel and I like cubes on the slower and more controllable side which the RS3M delivered right out of the box. As much as I liked the GAN, It was a little uncontrollable even after I fiddled with the adjustment system and I was getting weird catches I probably shouldn't be getting. Also, I just thought the feel and turning ability of the RS3M just fit my personal turning style better.

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a new 3x3 main—the Moyu RS3M 2020. Now I know people are probably thinking, why switch to an 8-dollar budget cube from a Gan cube (specifically the GAN 356 M). The main reason is that the RS3M has a heavier and more stable feel and I like cubes on the slower and more controllable side which the RS3M delivered right out of the box. As much as I liked the GAN, It was a little uncontrollable even after I fiddled with the adjustment system and I was getting weird catches I probably shouldn't be getting. Also, I just thought the feel and turning ability of the RS3M just fit my personal turning style better.
i have noticed that more intermediate and beginner solvers(25 seconds+) perfer the rs3m over gan cubes, but more advanced solvers (sub-13) tend to use gan cubes, and faster, more high-end moyu cubes because they need fast cubes to turn at top speeds.
but good luck on your progress!

I remember seeing this somewhere when someone tried to solve a 3x3 using only J perms. I decided it might be a fun challenge so using Jb perms and only Jb perms (no setup moves) I solved it without any help. It took 40 minutes with the majority of it being the yellow cross. F2L was the easiest part by far. If you haven't already you should try it. From what I found, there are a few cases in PLL that are extremely difficult so I redid the yellow corners (OLL's with the yellow cross complete). At the end I got lucky and got and Nb perm which was easily turned into a Jb perm.

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I remember seeing this somewhere when someone tried to solve a 3x3 using only J perms. I decided it might be a fun challenge so using Jb perms and only Jb perms (no setup moves) I solved it without any help. It took 40 minutes with the majority of it being the yellow cross. F2L was the easiest part by far. If you haven't already you should try it. From what I found, there are a few cases in PLL that are extremely difficult so I redid the yellow corners (OLL's with the yellow cross complete). At the end I got lucky and got and Nb perm which was easily turned into a Jb perm.
wow! i tried for like 3 minutes but then quit

WCA
2019GALE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
RS3M2020 is so good bro