• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cube4you rant: for peoplez who buy too many cubes

Crzyazn

okay....i got an email from cube4you saying that their new type DIYs were restocked. Overjoyed, i checked the website and all happiness left my soul as i read the "arrival notice" button next to the picture. (Note: i received the email at 6:15. I checked the store at 7:00)

Now i just don't see how this is possible. For all you selfish b**tards who bought 10 DIY kits just stop whoring these cubes and leave some to people who have yet to build their first!

And if you want to "test a cube out"....you don't buy 6 of them:mad:

-end

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
They're in pretty high demand. Of course they sell out in 45 minutes. They're the 3rd best things in the cubing world. Behind CRC and Eastsheens. Most people say they sell out in 20-25 minutes. Just respond faster and what makes you think no one else on this forum wants a new type?

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
1) Did anyone actually see any indication that they had been in stock and then sold out again? Or did you just get a notice and assumed they sold out by the time you checked?
2) Last time I ordered, I could only buy one of these, and I presume that this still applies.

A

andrewvo1324

If you want a diy cube buy a regular one....I heared the new ones arnt that great.

Cursing is bad. ;[

Also they may only had 20 left....

So please get proof of these "whoring" or "massing"

before accusing.

-

SkateTracker

YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe this is a stupid question but what's a "Newtype" DIY? I have not bought a DIY cube since San Diego 2007 so I have no idea about all the need advances and things.

It's got a non-popping system and it's supposedly lighter than the old ones. There's a crap load more pieces though so it's harder to put together.

I don't know how else it's different other than that though, as I only have the old types.

ajmorgan25

WCA
2008MORG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In one of PestVic's videos he does R U R' U' repeatedly on a DIY and then on a New Type DIY and there is noticeable difference...in a very good way. I want one.

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
As soon as I heard a "new system" I immediately though back to my bloody Magic Cube which totally sucks for speedcubing even after lubing because it doesn't cut corners. I guess the new type, though, really is made for speedcubing. Anyone have a link to the product? I can figure out which one it is.