• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Lube Accident

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
After buy the stiff new store cube, I tried to add some lube to with with Cube Lube. Fearing that I'll add too much, I thought I was using the one with less lube (i have 2), so I tried to pull it back...but it went too far, and i heard a loud "BOOM" and lubes came spilling out. I tried to push it back in, but the pressure made a big spray (onto my laptop's keyboard (yuck)).

Yah...how stupid was I. Any other funny experiences with lubes?

-Harris

PS I my floor is waxed B)

rubinator

I was putting together my new diy kit when i noticed one side was unevenly balance. so i go and pop a piece out and it ricochets off the wall and hits me in the eye. LOL.:wacko: Well its not really a lube accident but it was funny.

Cubinator

The container was stiff the first time I got cube lube, and I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing to get it out. I ended up pushing it too hard and squirting cube lube all across the room :\ A later time, the container was stiff, I pushed too hard, and quite a bit gushed out into my cube, creating a mess on the table below.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Several years ago I got a container of the Ace Hardware brand silicone spray one time and sprayed a whole bunch into my cube, easily 3-4 times as much as I use now. I didn't work the cube around at all afterward and just let it sit for about an hour to let it "soak" in. The lube I'm pretty sure had some harsh chemicals like the petroleums or something in it because when I came back the cube was literally completely frozen together. No matter how hard I forced any face it wouldn't turn or even budge at all. I had to cut every single cubie apart from all it's neighbors with a razor blade to finally get the cube turn. When I got it loose and took the cube apart the silicone had literally sort of melted the plastic together and burnt it all a white shade. Not so much a funny experience, just a weird one. I certainly don't buy Ace Hardware brand silicone anymore ;-)

Chris

InfiniteZero

I did the SAME exact thing as Harris Chan :lol: :lol:

I tried to pull it back so all the lube would be commpressed then POP and all the lube all over the table