• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Explorer 5.00 released - with slice moves

minime12358

WCA
2010KAPL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh, and as this was randomly bumped a week ago, I thought I might put in my suggestions:

I agree with erik that when using slice turns, you should be able to weed out Es/Ss.

Another thing that I find tremendously useful in JACube is the ability to ignore AUFs (By preceding something with ~(A subset of UED, RLM, or FSB))

And finally, a way to simply define one sticker of a cubie. I would be fine with an extra hotkey + click, but there is really no way that I have found to do this yet :(. For instance, what if you wanted to swap two corners on the U layer, two corners on the D layer, and keep edge orientation + edge seperation. If I were to use ctrl click, there would be a chance that I would have D edges in the U layer.

But, thanks for the program, I have generated 100s of algs on it :D

Jorghi

I'm trying to make OLLs with cube explorer(Just to understand how it works) and for some reason I only get 1LLL algorithms even when I follow the tutorial completely. Is it possible to get only OLLs while ignoring the permutation? I'm having trouble with that.

Jorghi

I did exactly this:
examplewh.jpg

Then I pressed "Add and Generate". And it takes a long time, so I pressed "Add solutions to main window" to see what it got so far.

I just get dozens of algorithms for the H OLL 1LLL.

Am I suppose to let it keep running?

Edit:Nvm I see other OLL shapes too, but there are multiples of them with different permutations of the other pieces.
I'll just wait until it finishes.

Last edited:

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did exactly this:
examplewh.jpg

Then I pressed "Add and Generate". And it takes a long time, so I pressed "Add solutions to main window" to see what it got so far.

I just get dozens of algorithms for the H OLL 1LLL.

Am I suppose to let it keep running?

Edit:Nvm I see other OLL shapes too, but there are multiples of them with different permutations of the other pieces.
I'll just wait until it finishes.

That looks right...but I think you want "Add and Solve," not "Add and Generate"

WCA
2012HAMM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I want to use cube explorer (or another piece of software if it works better) to generate algs for some LL cases and I'm not sure how to do it exactly. The goal is to orientate all the LL edges and insert the F2L pair. Could someone help me?

Example case(s)
Setup: R U R' (3)
If you look down on the U face the back 3 edges are orientated
Solution is R U' R' (3)

Setup: R U R' F' U F (6)
There are 2 edges orientated
Solution is just inserting it with hammerhead instead. U' R' F R F' (5)

There are 8 possible cases of edge orientation. I want to generate optimum and 2 gen algs for them. I'm just not sure how to do it.

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
Cannot help you on the actual software but:
Did you already check Lars Vandenbergh's ' Cubezone.be?
Algs generated by ACube

Perhaps you can already take some algs from there.
If you do not like the actual algs you can still use the images of all the cases to help you set up the patterns for CE.

Buddybenj

Kociemba.org Down and Cube Explorer 5.01

For some reason kociemba.org is down (for me at least). Does any one have the download for 5.01 (and maybe 5.01s)?

Those would be helpful.

Thanks.

Kociemba.org has never worked for me, regardless of the device or network I use.

Interesting to hear. Kociemba.org has always worked for me, regardless of the device or network I use and from which country I am calling my page. So I really cannot believe that it is general problem.

Slippery Sid

Kociemba cube explorer website is down

The website for the kociemba cube explorer is down. Could someone who has the file reupload it on mediafire or somewhere?