• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Explorer Help with Generating Algs

WCA
2012HAMM01
YouTube
spyr0th3dr4g0n
Thread starter #1
I want to use cube explorer (or another piece of software if it works better) to generate algs for some LL cases and I'm not sure how to do it exactly. The goal is to orientate all the LL edges and insert the F2L pair. Could someone help me?

Example case(s)
Setup: R U R' (3)
If you look down on the U face the back 3 edges are orientated
Solution is R U' R' (3)

Setup: R U R' F' U F (6)
There are 2 edges orientated
Solution is just inserting it with hammerhead instead. U' R' F R F' (5)

There are 8 possible cases of edge orientation. I want to generate optimum and 2 gen algs for them. I'm just not sure how to do it.

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
Cannot help you on the actual software but:
Did you already check Lars Vandenbergh's ' Cubezone.be?
Algs generated by ACube

Perhaps you can already take some algs from there.
If you do not like the actual algs you can still use the images of all the cases to help you set up the patterns for CE.

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
abunickabhi
No it doesnt help, he was asking for a way to generate that subset using cube explorer, and not more information or a video on it.

There are 8 possible cases of edge orientation. I want to generate optimum and 2 gen algs for them. I'm just not sure how to do it.
Just use trial and error to figure out each case and decide for yourself.

Using left-click, right-click and ctrl+left-click you can get

upload_2018-8-8_12-52-14.png

which would be your R U R' setup. With "Add and Solve" you then find maneuvers for this. You can exclude some faces if you want. By changing the locations of the diagonal pattern you can get the other 7 cases, for example

upload_2018-8-8_13-19-32.png

Last edited:

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
arnaudvg
Using left-click, right-click and ctrl+left-click you can get

View attachment 9357

which would be your R U R' setup. With "Add and Solve" you then find maneuvers for this. You can exclude some faces if you want. By changing the locations of the diagonal pattern you can get the other 7 cases, for example

View attachment 9360
Nice answer to split the problem into 8 sets and have Cube Explorer generate algs for each set. I wouldn't have thought of this approach, but of course mr. Cube Explorer knows best! Interesting to see this answer appearing 7 years later ;). There have been a few other "can I use Cube Explorer to generate algs for situation x" threads lately. Maybe you can have a look there as well?

That's essentially VHLS. There's no need to generate that because there's all really intuitive algs with sledges

If you want to insert pair and flip edges at the same time, you could use ZBLS but there's a ton of algs