• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube competitions is the jacksonville FL area

elcarc

Banned
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well long story short, my mom isn't gonna let me go to a comp if its not around my city, (Jacksonville fl). So does anyone know of any competitions, preferably official that are near or in the Jacksonville area.

Seems like there is a lack of comps in south-east USA

And sorry for my recent making new threads, I don't usually make this many, as I don't really have many questions that cant be answered with the search function.

Last edited:

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry to flame, but seriously. You complain about not having any competitions within an hour or 2 of you. You say there is a "lack" of competitions in South East USA.

Dude, I would die to be in your position, and be able to go to competitions, even if they are a 10 hour drive. That would make me very happy, to be able to go to competitions.

The closest competitions to me are more than 1000 km away, and are across seas.

I have only been to one competition ever, and that was very very far away.

Please, before you start complaining, saying how there are no competitions in your town, give a thought for those of us who aren't lucky enough to be able to compete.

Last edited:

boredommm23

YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry to flame, but seriously. You complain about not having any competitions within an hour or 2 of you. You say there is a "lack" of competitions in South East USA.

Dude, I would die to be in your position, and be able to go to competitions, even if they are a 10 hour drive. That would make me very happy, to be able to go to competitions.

Please, before you start complaining, saying how there are no competitions in your town, give a thought for those of us who aren't lucky enough to be able to compete.

+1 Billion

elcarc

Banned
YouTube
Visit Channel

not complaining, just looking for convenience is all.

and its not me who doesn't want to go far, its my parents. id gladly take a 10 hour drive, or a trip overseas to a comp if my parents would let me.

Last edited:

Feanaro

WCA
2008PHEL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Umm, there are definantly loads of comps in the southeast. Every year at the least we have a Chattahooche comp, and also this year we had an Atlanta comp. There is not a "lack" of comps in the southeast. Maybe not in Florida, but Florida is not entirely the southeast. If your mom doesn't want you to go to any comps that are in your town, then I won't be seeing you at any tournaments any time soon.

elcarc

Banned
YouTube
Visit Channel
Umm, there are definantly loads of comps in the southeast. Every year at the least we have a Chattahooche comp, and also this year we had an Atlanta comp. There is not a "lack" of comps in the southeast. Maybe not in Florida, but Florida is not entirely the southeast. If your mom doesn't want you to go to any comps that are in your town, then I won't be seeing you at any tournaments any time soon.

omg wow, i think chattahooche is just close enough to convince my mom. thanks to you i might finaly get to go to a comp.

or i could wait for another one at atlanta. anyway, thanks for the help (only one who did help)

Last edited:

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
Work on organizing one. If you want to have excuses on why you can't, then you just have to wait for someone else to organize one.

thelurch1986

Work on organizing one. If you want to have excuses on why you can't, then you just have to wait for someone else to organize one.

+1

I am in Jacksonville Florida too, if you want to organize one I am down, let me know.

Cyrok215

YouTube
Visit Channel
Try using CubingUsa, It sends you an e-mail whenever there is a competition within 200 miles of your town, you can also see if there are other cubers near you.

elcarc

Banned
YouTube
Visit Channel
Try using CubingUsa, It sends you an e-mail whenever there is a competition within 200 miles of your town, you can also see if there are other cubers near you.

exaclty how does the find other cubers feature work, because im registered with the site, but i see no cubers on the map. although there is a gator cube club

EDIT: nvm, i figured it out

Last edited:

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
PLEASE use the edit button.

exaclty how does the find other you feature work, because im registered with the site, but i see no cubers on the map. although there is a gator cube club

What? o.o

Oh, 'find others near you?'

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01

Actually, you can adjust the mileage for how far you are willing to travel. Many people put "0" which will notify you of all US (and Canadian) competitions.

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would call what we have in the SE a lack of competitions. One a year and getting lucky with one in ATL this year isn't loads. Unfortunately we also have a lack of delegate down here.
We are trying to organize one here in Gainesville but it keeps getting pushed back... We are looking at January now.
Sorry that you can't go to any comps Faz... most people's parents won't let them go anywhere which is also unfortunate... The one's I have been to have been an 8 hour drive from Tampa to ATL.