• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube 3x3x3 last layer CECE method

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderDrow

Cube 3x3x3 last layer CECE & OLL-PLL methods

Hi cubers and cube enthousiasts.

Here is a one page solution for the last layer of a Rubik's cube.
I figured this might be helpfull for someone who knows the beginners method and want to speed up his/her game.

cube_3x3x3_last_layer_CECE_method.pdf

For comparison's sake, here's a one page solution using the OLL/PLL 4-Look method :
cube_3x3x3_last_layer_OLL-PLL_4-Look.pdf

Comments are welcome.

Last edited:

WonderDrow

Sort off.
As I understand it, the 4-Look OLL/PLL means that you Orient - Orient - Permutate - Permutate.
While this method can be seen as a Conditional Permutate - Orient&Permutate - Orient - Permutate.

Last edited:

brian724080

I think this is just CFCE with 4LLL will be better than this method. 2LCLL will use nine algorithms, and 2LELL will use seven, with a total of 16. But in my opinion, CFOP with 4LLL is still the most beginner-friendly.

WonderDrow

I think this is just CFCE with 4LLL will be better than this method. 2LCLL will use nine algorithms, and 2LELL will use seven, with a total of 16. But in my opinion, CFOP with 4LLL is still the most beginner-friendly.

I kinda agree. The concept of 4LLL is easier to grasp and it's probably better suited as a stepping stone to full OLL/PLL.

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So is the first step basically 2 look CPEOLL with CP done first? I'm a little confused, since fruruf is a digswap EO alg. And while I don't have a cube in front of me, the CO algs don't look like they are 2GLL.

Edit: I understand now. You bring the cube to either a diagswap or pure case, and you use algs for those accordingly. That's actually a pretty interesting approach, albeit not that practical.

Last edited:

WonderDrow

Well, at some point with a 4-Look method you need to check which corners need to move.
This demonstrates that you can already do that corner permutation at the first look.

And you only need to know the Niklas algo for that.
(Those others in step 1 are mostly to avoid the boredom of only 1 algo)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.