• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Eli Apperson's progression thread | Practicing OH

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Going on a 1 week trip on Monday, I'm going to try to keep practice somewhat consistent.
XD I'm back, but I didn't practice much.
Starting to get back into the routine, it might take a little while to get back to my normal averages.
I might get a few cubes for black Friday, possibly a few new mains.

Today's blue cross ao50
17.7x

Today's 4x4 ao25

Right now I plan on reaching the goals below, then start implementing other events into my practice routine.
I will let y'all vote on which event I should do
2x2: Full CLL, Sub 3.8
3x3: White/Yellow, Blue/Green CN, Sub 12
4x4: Sub 50
5x5: Sub 1:30
6x6: Sub 3:10
7x7: Sub 5:10

Poll updated

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welp it looks like I'm gonna have to get a new megaminx. Any recommendations?
If you do not give a care about money, get the GAN Megaminx. If you want a relatively cheap Megaminx that you can setup quite well, the YJ yuhu is awesome. Both have good grip. The Gan Megaminx probably has better grip and turning, but a lot of people, including me, use the Yuhu V2 Megaminx.
Also, good luck on sub-3 on 6x6.

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
If you do not give a care about money, get the GAN Megaminx. If you want a relatively cheap Megaminx that you can setup quite well, the YJ yuhu is awesome. Both have good grip. The Gan Megaminx probably has better grip and turning, but a lot of people, including me, use the Yuhu V2 Megaminx.
Also, good luck on sub-3 on 6x6.
The Dayan is every thing the GAN is but better and then some. It's also a lot cheaper and has a better reputation. The Yuhu is also really good especially for the price. The only con is that for some it might be to large and it's also not the most attractive. If you have the money go for the Dayan 100%.

Last edited:

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Dayan is every thing the GAN is but better and then some. It's also a lot cheaper and has a better reputation. There is no reason to get the GAN Megaminx unless you have little small hands. The Yuhu is also really good especially for the price. The only con is that for some it might be to large and it's also not the most attractive. If you have the money go for the Dayan 100%.
Yeah. Dayan or Yuhu.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Dayan is every thing the GAN is but better and then some. It's also a lot cheaper and has a better reputation. There is no reason to get the GAN Megaminx unless you have little small hands. The Yuhu is also really good especially for the price. The only con is that for some it might be to large and it's also not the most attractive. If you have the money go for the Dayan 100%.
I have the YuHu rn, the problem is I seem to break them easily. My hands are a bit larger than average, is the Dayan big enough?

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Break them, like the puzzle? What is your turning style like for Megaminx? Mine is a little rough, but my Yuhu isn’t broken.
Although my hands are average.
Yeahhhh. I don't know exactly what, but I've had 2 Yuhu's that are fine ootb, but as I use them some sides get really loose and unstable. Idk why

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually (unfortunately) do not own it but @Cuberstache mains it and from what he has said it's a little on the smaller size. Not as small as the GAN though.
The Dayan v2 is smaller than the GAN. It's the same size as the Galaxy v2 I'm pretty sure.