• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Eli Apperson's progression thread | Practicing OH

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think my limit for 5x5 solves per day is about 25. After that my times get worse and worse, so I have to switch to a different event. Hopefully my hands will get used to it and I can so more per day.

I switched mains back to the MAX Gan XS. I cleaned it out and lubed it with lunar and mystic, and it is incredible.

@zzoomer How hard would you say it would be to sub .9 or sub 1 all PLLs? I've found my LL lacking and it seems like a good first step.
Edit: current times: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ygV60PikpCCV5ZowppwHquO90lLPMweSIzK4RXghHA/edit?usp=sharing

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
@zzoomer How hard would you say it would be to sub .9 or sub 1 all PLLs? I've found my LL lacking and it seems like a good first step.
Edit: current times: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ygV60PikpCCV5ZowppwHquO90lLPMweSIzK4RXghHA/edit?usp=sharing
Only 3 of my PLLs are sub-1, but that’s definitely not what’s holding me back. The cross is the worst part of my solves. It also depends on what you average, though. If you’re sub-10, then it might help, but if you’re only about 15 (or over), then you probably have more important things to work on. That’s just my opinion, though.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Only 3 of my PLLs are sub-1, but that’s definitely not what’s holding me back. The cross is the worst part of my solves. It also depends on what you average, though. If you’re sub-10, then it might help, but if you’re only about 15 (or over), then you probably have more important things to work on. That’s just my opinion, though.
Rn I average 13, my cross average is 1.3, F2L about 7-8, OLL 1-2, and Pll 1-3

It just seems like a good start to improving more. I'd like to get all LL algs sub 1 (including COLL), and then start working on F2L a bit more

So far I can sub 1 J's, U's, H, T, A's, and Gd. Working on Na and Nb rn.

So far I can sub 1 J's, U's, H, T, A's, and Gd. Working on Na and Nb rn.
Beat my 5x5 Single: 1:36.49

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel

Flow 3x3

Se que no tiene nada que ver pero descubri una nueva Ub Perm, jamas la habia visto , no es una forma profesional pero es mas facil para principiantes:

(L' U' L U) (R U R' U') (U' L' U L) (U R U' R')

Neatcubing

Se que no tiene nada que ver pero descubri una nueva Ub Perm, jamas la habia visto , no es una forma profesional pero es mas facil para principiantes:

(L' U' L U) (R U R' U') (U' L' U L) (U R U' R')
I know it has nothing to do with it but I discovered a new Ub Perm which I had never seen before,it is not professional but it is easier for beginners

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know it has nothing to do with it but I discovered a new Ub Perm which I had never seen before,it is not professional but it is easier for beginners
Thx lol. I already like my Ub perm pretty well.

is it heavy ?
Not at all. Not more than 5-6g heavier

1631649894657.png
First sub 13 Ao100.
Also that 9.33 was really nice.

Overall PB in the weekly comp for 5x5: 1:33.27

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learned ZBLL U5,U6. Gonna learn 2 more today and drill. Started doing CN solves, I'm gonna do a red cross Ao250 today. I think if I can learn blue and red cross well, I can use that knowledge to learn orange and green. I think CN, and ZBLL- Sune and Anti, and sub 10 are attainable by the end of the year

Last edited: