• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CubableYT's progression thread | Switching to Roux after my next comp | Road to sub 10 Method Neutral | Grinding 2-5

What side event should I practice

• Square 1

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Pyraminx

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Megaminx

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Skewb

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Clock

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 3x3 OH

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CubableYT

YouTube
Visit Channel
Right now I plan on reaching the goals below, then start implementing other events into my practice routine.
I will let y'all vote on which event I should do
2x2: Full CLL, Sub 3.8
3x3: White/Yellow, Blue/Green CN, Sub 12
4x4: Sub 50
5x5: Sub 1:30
6x6: Sub 3:10
7x7: Sub 5:10

Last edited:

TheEpicCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Welp it looks like I'm gonna have to get a new megaminx. Any recommendations?
If you do not give a care about money, get the GAN Megaminx. If you want a relatively cheap Megaminx that you can setup quite well, the YJ yuhu is awesome. Both have good grip. The Gan Megaminx probably has better grip and turning, but a lot of people, including me, use the Yuhu V2 Megaminx.
Also, good luck on sub-3 on 6x6.

If you do not give a care about money, get the GAN Megaminx. If you want a relatively cheap Megaminx that you can setup quite well, the YJ yuhu is awesome. Both have good grip. The Gan Megaminx probably has better grip and turning, but a lot of people, including me, use the Yuhu V2 Megaminx.
Also, good luck on sub-3 on 6x6.
The Dayan is every thing the GAN is but better and then some. It's also a lot cheaper and has a better reputation. The Yuhu is also really good especially for the price. The only con is that for some it might be to large and it's also not the most attractive. If you have the money go for the Dayan 100%.

Last edited:

TheEpicCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
The Dayan is every thing the GAN is but better and then some. It's also a lot cheaper and has a better reputation. There is no reason to get the GAN Megaminx unless you have little small hands. The Yuhu is also really good especially for the price. The only con is that for some it might be to large and it's also not the most attractive. If you have the money go for the Dayan 100%.
Yeah. Dayan or Yuhu.

CubableYT

YouTube
Visit Channel
The Dayan is every thing the GAN is but better and then some. It's also a lot cheaper and has a better reputation. There is no reason to get the GAN Megaminx unless you have little small hands. The Yuhu is also really good especially for the price. The only con is that for some it might be to large and it's also not the most attractive. If you have the money go for the Dayan 100%.
I have the YuHu rn, the problem is I seem to break them easily. My hands are a bit larger than average, is the Dayan big enough?