• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Creationism vs. evolution

TobiasDaneels

WCA
2006DANE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello to all,

I just finished watching a youtubemovie about education of little children in the US and particulary about creationism.

I don't weather a thread like this allready exists but I just wanted to know.
Are there many believers of creationism on this forum?

And please, I didn't start this thread for fights and stuff, just out of interest.

d4m4s74

WCA
2009ZALI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
this is not the right place to talk about this, it will only make people hate eachother

to other members, please think HARD about the consequences before saying anything in this thread
anything you say can and will be used against you

but on topic, I'm only a militant atheist and and evolutionist when I can use it to **** off militant fundies (and only if they ask for it), otherwise I'm an apathetic agnostic (there may or may not be a god, but who cares) and a pretty nice guy
example of a way to change me into an atheistic hulk: saying Evolution is "just a theory", and ofcourse that "god hates *" stuff

Last edited:

Edmund

WCA
2008ROTH03
o dear god, this thread better be closed in less than 24 hours. i know the guy who made this thread didn't have bad intentions. but these damn threads are creating friction in our community

Davey Boy

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have mixed beliefs on this topic. In my opinion there is a 'higher power', not a God, that would be a 4th dimensional being. This being would appear to be a God because of its abilities to utilize the 4th dimension in order to alter events/objects in our world as we cannot comprehend. I believe in evolution, but also that perhaps the higher power i mentioned earlier manipulated the series of events in the evolutionary process to produce humans, essentially creating our species. Its still a very sketchy and rough theory, so feel free to shoot it down as much as possible so i may refine it as much as possible. Thanks!

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
Whenever someone tells me they don't believe evolution I reply, "So, are you telling me that your god was too lame to create evolution? Evolution is too hard for your god?"

There is nothing about a belief in evolution that must imply that god doesn't exist.

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Whatever you believe, creationism has no place in a science classroom. Teach what you want in religion class (and give equal consideration of creation myths of other major systems of belief, of course), but don't teach that kind of irrational nonsense in a biology class.

What's next, horoscopes in astronomy class?

d4m4s74

WCA
2009ZALI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whenever someone tells me they don't believe evolution I reply, "So, are you telling me that your god was too lame to create evolution? Evolution is too hard for your god?"

There is nothing about a belief in evolution that must imply that god doesn't exist.
In my humble opinion Fundies only hate evolution because if genesis (one part of the bible) is proven wrong it opens the door to proving the rest wrong or right.
God can't exist without faith, and fact doesn't require faith, so proving anything about god (good or bad) can be destructive.

Last edited:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
I have mixed beliefs on this topic. In my opinion there is a 'higher power', not a God, that would be a 4th dimensional being. This being would appear to be a God because of its abilities to utilize the 4th dimension in order to alter events/objects in our world as we cannot comprehend. I believe in evolution, but also that perhaps the higher power i mentioned earlier manipulated the series of events in the evolutionary process to produce humans, essentially creating our species. Its still a very sketchy and rough theory, so feel free to shoot it down as much as possible so i may refine it as much as possible. Thanks!

How do you know it's a 4th dimensional being and not a 27.3-dimensional being?

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01

It depends on what type of evolution you refer to. The fact that dogs in the cold climates have a bunch of fur and dogs in the desert don't? Yeah, nothing biblical conflicts with that.

The fact that people evolved from apes that evolved from simple cell-organism over a large period of time? Yeah, that conflicts with the Bible where is says God created man.

Davey Boy

YouTube
Visit Channel
How do you know it's a 4th dimensional being and not a 27.3-dimensional being?

Cause there are only 10 possible dimensions, the 10th being a dot containing all possible events, series, universes, etc. but your point is well taken. It would actually be more sensible cause they would have an even higher mastery of our world and even greater ability to manipulate our evolution, skipping the trial and error part. check out this youtube video though, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA
[EDIT] or just watch it in the post directly above this...
It explains the dimensional possibilities and such