• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CRC Heavy Duty Silicone - Not safe for plastics?

benmeister

OK, today I drove to my local hardware store and picked up a can of CRC, and was surprised to read on the back that it is useful for lots of stuff, like rubber, metal, and wood, but it said that it's NOT FOR USE ON PLASTICS...

nqactf.jpg

ff8t9t.jpg

Should I be worried? I thought this was the exact same brand and type everyone uses...

Please let me know :cool:

maggot

the accelerant slightly melts plastic when used in small quantities. this is typically a good thing, working out minor imperfections in the molding process. it is completely fine, as long as you are turning all layers of the cube after applying. you do not want to glue the pieces together. for big cubes, just lube slowly by applying small amounts, working it in, rotating to a new side/area and repeating the process.