• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Crazy 3x3 Plus Cube Series

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
Thread starter #1
Patent holder: Daqing Bao (The designer of Dayan/Taiyan Cube, Crazy2*2*3, Crazy4*4*4)

The original thread here

Video here: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU1OTYyOTQ0.html

There will be eight different cubes, named by the Eight Planet in the Solar System. See difference in this picture:

This guy is a genius in creating cubes:D

At last, he said that Crazy Megaminx Plus will also be released soon:)

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
Thread starter #9
I don't like the non-symmetry. Hope these can be changed easily so that *no* centers rotate (apparently that's called "Circle 3x3x3" invented by someone else).
The designer explained this in the original thread. i'm just too lazy to translate all of his words:D Here's what he said:
i had planned to make Crazy 3*3 cube since three years ago, but i found that it had been made by others in TwistyPuzzle, so i decided to create such more challenging cubes with Mr Huo(idk who he is)
And that's why he named them "Crazy 3*3 Plus"

Amazing. I love any cube that is 'crazy'. I have never had so many unique solving experiences as I have with the crazy cubes that are coming out now.

I don't like the non-symmetry. Hope these can be changed easily so that *no* centers rotate (apparently that's called "Circle 3x3x3" invented by someone else).
This. I'd much rather have a fully functional Circle 3x3x3, instead of these bandaged versions. I'd like to see those mass produced before the Crazy 3x3 Plus or the Crazy Megaminx Plus.

I hope simple modding can make the unbandaging possible.

You know, these Crazy cubes are really intimidating (well, it was for me, at least), but they're far easier than expected. I recently bought a crazy 3x3x2:

I solved that cube in about 10 minutes. I was honestly expecting to struggle with it, but it was really easy. While the Crazy 3x3x3 also looks intimidating, I'm expecting it to be a piece of cake as well.

Any idea when these will be for sale?

You know, these Crazy cubes are really intimidating (well, it was for me, at least), but they're far easier than expected. I recently bought a crazy 3x3x2:

I solved that cube in about 10 minutes. I was honestly expecting to struggle with it, but it was really easy. While the Crazy 3x3x3 also looks intimidating, I'm expecting it to be a piece of cake as well.

It could be
But if you want a really puzzling puzzle, try carzy 4x4x4 version II
you need to master at least 4 puzzle : 2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4 and 2x2x3

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
qqwref2
Nah, for crazy 4x4-II all you need is:
to be able to solve a 2x2 and a supercube 4x4
I understand that Daqing doesn't want to bother with the normal Crazy 3x3 because it's already been done, but it would be nice to be able to buy one for a reasonable price anyway.

Interestingly, since the centers on a Crazy 3x3 don't need to rotate, you could actually make it 100% out of wood, or even out of only paper. It would be interesting to try this.

its really awesome, at first sight i thought that 8 cubes are same, but actually different in the big circle construction...

Nah, for crazy 4x4-II all you need is:
to be able to solve a 2x2 and a supercube 4x4
I understand that Daqing doesn't want to bother with the normal Crazy 3x3 because it's already been done, but it would be nice to be able to buy one for a reasonable price anyway.

Interestingly, since the centers on a Crazy 3x3 don't need to rotate, you could actually make it 100% out of wood, or even out of only paper. It would be interesting to try this.
really?
i use the 2x3x3 algorith to pair up all the little circle pieces...

WCA
2010INKJ01
YouTube
iSpinz

The Diansheng version is different from the DaYan version.