• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Countdown with StackMat in CCT?

randomray

Hello people I'm new here

I've been able to connect my StackMat timer to my computer and make it work correctly with CCT on Windows here. When I use keyboard as timer, I can have a 15 sec. WCA Regulation countdown. But when I use my StackMat as timer, how do I make it countdown? Is this possible?

randomray

To be clear:

I am using my StackMat connect to my computer thru microphone jack, using CCT 0.9.5. My StackMat value is 50, I have checked 15 Minutes, 165 seconds and 165 hundredths, sampling rate 44,100. When keyboard timer is off, it says Timer is ON. I suppose this means that my StackMat is running. Usually, when timer isn't started, above the time I see a green light. When I hold both on my hands on the StackMat and release, the time starts timing. When done, the time the same as the time on my StackMat appears on my computer. Then there is also a smaller red light. When I hold one or both hands on the timer, the red light disappears on the computer.
I have to reset my StackMat (press RESET) and then the time on my computer and StackMat goes zero and the red light disappears.

This sounds all normal to me but still it doesn't do countdown. Am I doing something wrong?

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To be clear:

I am using my StackMat connect to my computer thru microphone jack, using CCT 0.9.5. My StackMat value is 50, I have checked 15 Minutes, 165 seconds and 165 hundredths, sampling rate 44,100. When keyboard timer is off, it says Timer is ON. I suppose this means that my StackMat is running. Usually, when timer isn't started, above the time I see a green light. When I hold both on my hands on the StackMat and release, the time starts timing. When done, the time the same as the time on my StackMat appears on my computer. Then there is also a smaller red light. When I hold one or both hands on the timer, the red light disappears on the computer.
I have to reset my StackMat (press RESET) and then the time on my computer and StackMat goes zero and the red light disappears.

This sounds all normal to me but still it doesn't do countdown. Am I doing something wrong?

Did you not read what I said? You put one hand on one pad and then lift it off. This will start the inspection countdown.

randomray

Did you not read what I said? You put one hand on one pad and then lift it off. This will start the inspection countdown.

Seriously it doesn't work.
BTW everyime I start CCT there appears a time of 1066.66 in my solvetimes. Why?
Also, if I hold just one hand on my StackMat the red light doesn't go on. Is this ok?

Last edited:

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Interesting. I wasn't aware that PPT does the CCT style stackmat inspection. Ironically, while PPT works for you but CCT doesn't, I have the inverse problem, so I can't really test this out.

If you want some help, you could try recording the sound your stackmat makes when reset, and when reset with your left hand on the pad, and reset with your right hand on the pad. Maybe there will be something interesting in there.