• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Corner Caps?

WCA
2008PHAM02
YouTube
darkragnarok21
Thread starter #1
Is it necessary to have corner caps? Because one of my type D's corner did not have one and I can't contact the person who sold it because I used one of those rewards sites...

its better IMO,so the dust wont get in and u wont get ur small fingers stuck inside during speedcubing if it ever happens

its better IMO,so the dust wont get in and u wont get ur small fingers stuck inside during speedcubing if it ever happens
also more surface for silicon :)
I've heard that one before. I'm not so sure it's a good thing.

2 surfaces = friction.
2 surfaces + silicon = less friction.
2 surfaces with the silicon-covered bits gone = no friction in those areas.

WCA
2007CHRI03
YouTube
Cerb1987
du kannst mein corner cap haben, ich hab eines zuviel, schreib mir halt mal bei msn die adresse, dann schick ich es dir, aber erst so am samstag abend, weil bis dahin bin ich noch weg
To translate this: give him your adress at msn and he sends you his, he got one too much. But he can't send it before saturday evening, because he's not at home till then.

And David, this is an english forum....

My storebought cube lost one too, I glued it back because I don't think that it is good, because you can probably get into that spot with something, either your finger or another cubie....

I used my type A for about 5 months before realizing what those little pieces of plastic were for.

I didn't really notice a big difference between the two setups, besides that it was a touch heavier with the plastic caps in.

-Zigo