• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Connecting g4 Timer to computer (Prisma)

Hey guys, a while back I ordered the new Speedstacks g4 timer for timing my solves. It works exceptionally as a timer like everyone is saying. I especially like that it uses AA batteries. I was trying to get it to connect it to my computer on either Prisma timer or cs timer online, but I cannot get it to work. I'm using all of the steps that are given to use with the speedstacks g3/pro. I have a 2.5m m to 3.5 mm cord that I'm using. The recording/microphone setting on my computer shows that the computer is detecting a signal, the timers won't work, though. I haven't seen anyone using the g4 with their computer yet, so I'm suspecting the prisma and cs software just haven't been updated for the new hardware. On Prisma, I know they have a different setting for the pro timer than the others. Do y'all know if there is an update to the prisma software that is compatible with the g4? Maybe someone could make one. If y'all know anything about this, I'd love to hear it. I would have bought the pro timer if I had known before. I'm surprised that nobody else is having this problem. Thanks for your help!

- Tim