• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Completely modified Guhong for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rubiks-Cube-3x3...916?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb716360c

3x3 Dayan Guhong Speedcube. This is a brand new Guhong that has been completely modified for speedcubing.

Modifications include:

Edge - 48 point edge mod and overall rounding of complete edge and removal of small webbing on the foot of the edge

Corner - V 5 corner mod, removal of lower stalk star, and overall rounding of complete corner

Center - Rounding of stalk, overall rounding of complete center and modified the center cap so it stays in place with no flexing when pushed

Core - Replaced with alpha 1

The notoriously sharp edges that nick your fingers while cubing have been smoothed. The cube was broken in with Jiga-loo, then completely cleaned out. Springs, screws, washers and core were lubricated with a lubix alternative. The cubies were lubricated with CRC silicone spray. This is a combination I prefer. There are no gaps between the three pieces that make up the corners. The cube comes with stand and 1 extra set of stickers.

This cube is extremely smooth and has the general speed and corner cutting ability of the Guhong. (45 degree normal cuts and 7/8 of a cube reverse corner cut)

If you have any questions, please email me.

just warning everybody, I will snipe you all at the the end. but only if it's cheaper than $15 lol, No cube should be more than that, unless it's really good and rare like the Haiyan Memory.

EricReese

WCA
2010REES02
YouTube
Visit Channel
just warning everybody, I will snipe you all at the the end. but only if it's cheaper than $15 lol, No cube should be more than that, unless it's really good and rare like the Haiyan Memory.

How are memory's rare? I've had like 4 in my life already

And its not hard to mod a cube, load up a youtube vid, see what they do, copy it, then feel satisfied at not paying 20 extra dollars to have some guy do it for you

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone can modify their guhong... it's not that difficult actually. I think a lot of it comes down to laziness when modding a cube. Sure go ahead and pay $20 more for not being able to handle a knife, sandpaper, dremel, etc. If you are capable of getting a sub-30 avg. you are more than capable of modding your own puzzles, at a rather cheap price.

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
did you really think it would be a good idea to not include pics of the actual mods rather than just a single pic assembled on that super cool rubiks stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.