• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Colour Neutral Transition Thread

Diving Cuber

I normally average 16 with cfop with only white and yellow cross. I have been doing colour neutrality for just over a week and i average about 21 seconds with full cn. I haven't been practicing any colour in particular. I just choose the best cross each solve. Any tips?

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I normally average 16 with cfop with only white and yellow cross. I have been doing colour neutrality for just over a week and i average about 21 seconds with full cn. I haven't been practicing any colour in particular. I just choose the best cross each solve. Any tips?
You sound like me when I switched to full CN last year. My tip would be to keep practicing on all colors and overtime you will get back to 16, 15, 14etc.

Something else that I would say to try is solve on any side other then White and Yellow, and once you get to 16 or so on the four other colors, then go to solving with White and Yellow again, especially since (at least for me) I would gravitate back to White and Yellow since I was more comfortable with those and I did not start my solve on other colors as much.

MarkA64

Tip for CN solving that helped me: during F2L, spot corner pieces already in the top layer that have the cross color facing up, as they more often have to be manipulated in some way.

Also examine the whole cube to pick the best cross to F2L transition.

Last edited: