• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Color Neutral Fun Average

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do a 3x3x3 average of 12. You must do 2 solves using each color as your face with all of the corners completed first.

session avg: 20.92 (σ = 3.39)
14.39 W, 24.14 O, 22.75 R, 23.41 B, 17.08 Y, 24.92 G, 24.30 O, 22.27 G, 21.83 B, 13.52 W, 16.39 Y, 22.64 R

Last edited:

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I can't please everyone in so few words. :p

Clarification: as the opposite of your LL face; the face with all of its corners completed first (excluding lucky cases). I think that would be fair for users of all methods. For Roux, pretend LL is the U face during CMLL.

David: That would actually give you a great advantage. You can simply make the last slot different every time and then solve using D cross for white and yellow.

Last edited:

Hyprul 9-ty2

WCA
2009XIAT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I didn't exactly do this. But I did an avg of 12 using the most convenient cross each time. I did about every color except white because all the crosses sucked.

It was 16.53 avg 12, which isn't too far off from my usual average (15s)

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
Clarification: as the opposite of your LL face; the face with all of its corners completed first (excluding lucky cases). I think that would be fair for users of all methods.
For Guimond CF such a face is not uniquely defined :p
Anyway I am color neutral for corners, so the result would be a normal average for me.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To be honest, I don't understand what I am meant to do. fanwuq, that was some hideously terrible grammar. Don't expect to get away with that at MIT :/

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To be honest, I don't understand what I am meant to do. fanwuq, that was some hideously terrible grammar. Don't expect to get away with that at MIT :/

I knew the sentence structure sucked when I posted this. :(
I did a few averages like that and just felt like posting a thread because it was quite fun.
It's a simple idea, but it's pretty hard to describe precisely and concisely.
For Fridrich, do 12 solves using each color as the cross color twice. I was trying to make the statement also apply to Petrus, Roux, CF, etc., but it didn't work. Do you have a better way to write this?
Look at some of my older posts; my grammar was really bad in some of them. Back then, the teacher taught nothing in English class and most of the class spoke in heavy slang. I did not have the opportunity to learn proper English in school until last year. All my math teachers since middle school had heavy Russian accents, my classmates speak in slang, and I speak only Chinese at home, so my accent is a strange mixture. I'd say in general, my English is decent, although there still are instances when I can only express the idea in Chinese. I even had one of these moments during my MIT interview. The language barrier never completely went away despite being in the US for almost 10 years. My grammar and speech are easily influenced by my environment, so hopefully my English will get better at MIT.
I now know that you do not need to be a genius to get into a good college, you just need to show that you are confident, that you can overcome failure, and that you enjoy learning.
Ok, enough about me. Just do the average. :)
For Fridrich, do 12 solves using each color as the cross color twice.

Fox

38.45 - 44.84 - 44.22 - 41.34 - (49.02) - (36.80) - 43.08 - 38.95 - 41.69 - 46.46 - 37.16 - 47.91 = 42.41
Very bad:(