• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CMLLEO... We Want YOUR Help!

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
RossTheBossCubing
Thread starter #1
CMLLEO. Some of you have heard it discussed under the name of KCMLL. It is an approach to Roux in which the corners and EO is solved simultaneously in one alg. Most good Rouxers use some form of EO manipulation during CMLL, such as move canceling at some point to missorient the centers or using a second algorithm to flip edges with the goal of a lower move count. CMLLEO is basically the overachieving big brother to casual edge manipulation.

Is it practical? Maybe. It really does depend on the solvers abilities and preferences. It's similar to the concept of OLLCP: you wouldn't expect most solvers to memorize all of it (though i think a few have), but relatively many have learned a subset or the odd one here or there and it benefits them.

What is the difference between memorizing the resulting EO of a given case, and learning an algorithm to solve it completely? Technically, not much. R U R' U' R' F R F' M2 U M' U M' is still an algorithm, which can be written into muscle memory and executed rather well, and even those more clunky EOs can be changed through edge manipulation. But, if one is going to go through with step 4A on it's own, it would be best for efficiency to solve 4B at the same time. It would be much more work to memorize each EP case as well. Of course there will be some cases where CMLL + 4A algs will be most efficient, but attempts should be made to find an efficient direct solving alg.

Anyway, like it or not, its here. And even if I'm the only one working on it, it will be completed eventually. If you have algorithms, post 'em here. Ive got a bunch of F1 worked out which i will post as a reply to this OP here.

This will become more organized as time goes on, as i expect this to be a pretty gradual process.

Most of these algs are modds to my standard algs. By counter-slicing here, throwing in a wide there you can get results, but I'm concerned that the similarity between many of the algs my make recall a bit of a bother. Oh well. If anybody has solutions for the incomplete algs or an alternative solution for one of the algs listed, get wit-it :).

Last edited:
WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
RossTheBossCubing
Thread starter #2
F1

6flip: F R' F R2 U' R' U' R U [R'+M'] F2 (AUF, AMS)

DF + DB flipped: (U') R' F R2 U' L' U2 B U' L R2 F' R
(it looks bad, but i've done it in ~1.3 so it has a bit of potential)

DF + UF flipped: F R' F R2 U' [R'+M'] U' R U r' F2

DF + UL flipped: F R' F R2 U' r' U' R U r' F2

DF + UR flipped: F R' F [r+R] U' r' U' R U R' F2

DF + UB flipped: no idea

DB + UF flipped: no idea

DB + UL flipped: [R+M] U2 R' U' R U' [r'+R'] U2 R U R' U R

DB + UR flipped: F R' F [R2+M] U' R' U' R U r' F2

DB + UB flipped: (M) F R U R' U' R2 U' R' U' R U r' F2

DF + UF + UL + UR flipped: r U2 R' U' R U' R2 U2 R U R' U r

DF + UB + UL + UR flipped: (Y2) [M'+R'] U2 R U R' U R2 U2 R' R U' r'

DF + UL + UF + UB flipped: (U' M' U) r U2 R' U' R U' R2 U2 R U R' U R

DF + UR + UF + UB flipped: (U' M' U) r U2 R' U' R U' R2 U2 R U R' U R

DB + UF + UL + UR flipped: (Y2) r' U2 R U R' U R2 U2 R' U' R U' r'

DB + UB + UL + UR flipped: F R' F [R2+M] U' r' U' R U R' F2

DB + UL + UF + UB flipped: (U M U') r U2 R' U' R U' R2 U2 R U R' U R

DB + UR + UF + UB flipped: (U' M U) r U2 R' U' R U' R2 U2 R U R' U R

And then there are all of those 2flip (and one 4flip) on U cases, but those are all very well documented on Robert Yau's OLLCP table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq2MYrmu606CdFFuallJVFRDQm9FUm44ekoxbDRwQVE#gid=0 . They work to preserve DF+DB, but they are very good none the less.

And then there are all of those 2flip on D + 2flip (and one 4flip) on U, but I have not come across any alg for their solvation.

Last edited:
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
cubes4lyfe
For now, I wanna say we can focus on getting

no flip
ULUR
UBUF
UFUR
URUB
UBUL
UFUL
4Flip
6flip

The rest are easy to set up M U2 M and the sort.

I'll be doing B1-B3 this week.

Last edited:

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
snkenjoi
Often the easy case is better than having EO solved for good lookahead. you should aim for that instead of EO solved (it's easier too)

You should be as haxy as possible for covering more cases to make it more easily learnable.

We thought that CLLEO was going to be a thing a few years ago, but it really isn't. You should just be learning CMLL masterfully and learning how to manipulate edge orientation and permutation instead.

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
RossTheBossCubing
Thread starter #12
Often the easy case is better than having EO solved for good lookahead. you should aim for that instead of EO solved (it's easier too)

You should be as haxy as possible for covering more cases to make it more easily learnable.

We thought that CLLEO was going to be a thing a few years ago, but it really isn't. You should just be learning CMLL masterfully and learning how to manipulate edge orientation and permutation instead.
ya, i agree with this but it's still nice to have the alg set. you know, for those people who disagree. also i like messing around with stupid stuff like this =P.

and i have decided that it is honestly pointless to deal with those cases that have flipped edges on the bottom; so easy to figure them (most of them) out intuitively that documentation inst worth it. so the amount of cases is the same as ollcp, 330 according to the wiki.

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
franktangtartharakul
ya, i agree with this but it's still nice to have the alg set. you know, for those people who disagree. also i like messing around with stupid stuff like this =P.

and i have decided that it is honestly pointless to deal with those cases that have flipped edges on the bottom; so easy to figure them (most of them) out intuitively that documentation inst worth it. so the amount of cases is the same as ollcp, 330 according to the wiki.
but you have to add 6 flip.