• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Clock and Other Things (Megaminx and BLD)

Hey @Edward4 , I always wanted to try clock in the near future. However the clocks out there are quite expensive. Which one should i get?
Hey RDJ! Even though it‘s unfortunately quite expensive, the Qiyi is definitely the best clock on the market. The original Rubik’s brand was used by many for awhile, but it does need to be cracked open to set up. Though it’s no longer produced, you can still find some on websites like Ebay—I’ve seen them on other websites as well! There’s also the Sengso, which is a magnetized clock too. However, it feels quite flimsy and often tricky to turn.

WCA
2022TAND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey RDJ! Even though it‘s unfortunately quite expensive, the Qiyi is definitely the best clock on the market. The original Rubik’s brand was used by many for awhile, but it does need to be cracked open to set up. Though it’s no longer produced, you can still find some on websites like Ebay—I’ve seen them on other websites as well! There’s also the Sengso, which is a magnetized clock too. However, it feels quite flimsy and often tricky to turn.
Thanks for the recommendation, break a WR!

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
i have got my clock but cant bother to learn it, because i am focusing on 2x2 and square 1. Should i just learn it?

And i bought a shengshou clock, hope that is good. Qiyi is so expensive.

I've heard that some people solve clock without looking at the back side, is that actually possible?
Yes it is! No-flip methods are really difficult. You have to memorize the back edge-clocks, then solve them by using pins which are down (up on the back side). The corners are solved from there on both sides. I don’t use this method, but I’m trying to figure it out!

Anto

Right now I’m focusing on a few events: Clock, Pyraminx, Skewb, 3x3, and 4x4 (Megaminx and 2x2 more on the side). I’ve always been really into non-NxN’s, so I tend to practice those a lot more. However, I’d like to start working more on 3x3 and 4x4.

For 3x3, I average around 21-22 seconds. My best single is 15.47 and my best average is 20.55. Right now I’m looking to be sub-20 consistently.

Clock is by far one of my favorite events. I love practicing, and I think it’s so fun! My best single and average are 4.57 and 6.39, respectively. My aim is for as fast as I can get!

In Pyraminx, I tend to average around 4-6. My goal would be around 3-4 consistently. For Skewb, I’m about 6-7, aiming for around 5.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I just got back into cubing a few months ago after taking years off. Trying to familiarize myself with everything again!
If you want some tips just do pyraminx 🤣