• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Clock and Other Things (Megaminx and BLD)

Got megaminx PB single and average, then 5x5 PB average yesterday! I really want to make megaminx cutoff at my comp that offers it!

For some reason, when I try to type my 5x5 single into accomplishments, it corrects it to an incorrect time. I want to write 2:25.09, but it changes it to 2:25.90

Imsoosm

Well done! Improvement on megaminx comes really fast, especially in the 1:30-2:00 times. I did around 75 solves and went from averaging 2:05 to low 1:40. Lookahead improves very quickly the more solves you do. Hope you make the cutoff!!

Well done! Improvement on megaminx comes really fast, especially in the 1:30-2:00 times. I did around 75 solves and went from averaging 2:05 to low 1:40. Lookahead improves very quickly the more solves you do. Hope you make the cutoff!!
Thank you! I’m at 1:55.78 for the average PB and 1:35.17 for the single. Cutoff is 1:45, so hopefully I can shave off those ten sexonds come November.

WCA
2020WADH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
5x5 PB single of 2:18.56! Currently not an event I’m focusing on, since it isn’t at any of my comps. I still would like to get to around 1:45 before any comps which do offer it, though!
Nice! If you practice lots of 4x4, Megaminx, 5x5, 6x6, and 7x7, you will probably find that your 3x3 times will actually drop even if you don't practice as big cubes/megaminx helps your look-ahead.

How is the cube? I have a standard GAN. If you have a GAN, please compare, thanks!
I have a standard GAN too! I bought it since I wasn’t too satisfied with the GAN. So far it’s extremely different and hard to compare. I’m getting used to the turning, since it’s VERY different. Much quicker, but sometimes hard to control—trying to set it up and get used to the settings. I’ve gotten good times on it thus far though!

WCA
2020WADH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a standard GAN too! I bought it since I wasn’t too satisfied with the GAN. So far it’s extremely different and hard to compare. I’m getting used to the turning, since it’s VERY different. Much quicker, but sometimes hard to control—trying to set it up and get used to the settings. I’ve gotten good times on it thus far though!
Thanks! I think I will stick with the Gan for now. I prefer slower skewbs (No MagLev skewb)