• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Clock and Other Things (Megaminx and BLD)

In the past month, I’ve gotten my clock PB average down by 1.28 seconds, and my single down by 1.09! In the beginning of May, my PB average was a low-9, so I’m hoping to be sub-5 within the next few months!

Imsoosm

In the past month, I’ve gotten my clock PB average down by 1.28 seconds, and my single down by 1.09! In the beginning of May, my PB average was a low-9, so I’m hoping to be sub-5 within the next few months!
If you want to go to a competition, you can check nearby you after you go home for your summer holidays in Europe! It will be nice to meet up with other cubers and clock lovers!!

If you want to go to a competition, you can check nearby you after you go home for your summer holidays in Europe! It will be nice to meet up with other cubers and clock lovers!!
I have done one clock comp, but my average was 9.97 then. Definitely hoping for at least sub-6.5 once I go to another! Sadly none have been announced near me. :( But I have hope!

Broke 7 PB’s in the airport! Megaminx single and average, SQ-1 single and average, 3x3 single and average (13.95!!!! and 19.79), and Pyraminx average! I’m so happy to have gotten sub-20 3x3, and of course that single! Clock is hard to practice where I’m staying, since there’s no desk. I’ve been using a notebook to stand it up on my bed, haha,

I’ve made several new PB’s since I’ve left abroad, though clock hasn’t been easy to practice with limited desk space. My new pyra average pb is 4.02, which I’m super happy about! I may be going to a comp soon, but there’s no pyra unfortunately. :(

I’m finally consistently sub-1:30 on 4x4, and my PB average is currently 1:22.xx. Getting close to being able to meet cutoffs, but I’m not certain if I can in the very near future.

Megaminx has also been going better! I’ve been getting more sub-2:00 solves every average. My goal for the next mega-comp I go to is sub-1:40, allowing me to possibly get an average.

Gonna buy some new cubes soon. Unsure what to get exactly since I don‘t buy new cubes too often. Here are my plans, though.

2x2: MGC Elite

3x3: TengYun (V1 or V2? I don’t know which I should get).

5x5: DaYan with strong magnets.

I also have a Steven’s little pyra waiting for me at home. I’ve been away for over a month now.

If you want it for oh or bld, I would recommend the tengyun v1. Some people like the tengyun v1 for 2h (usually roux solvers) but I would recommend the wrm 2021 if you don't already have it. Nobody really uses the tengyun v2, so I wouldn't buy it.
I’m only looking for 2H. It’s good to know that the V2 isn’t worth it, especially since it’s more expensive. I’m really after the light and scratchy quick feel, which the Tengyun seems to offer.

Thank you for your advice!