• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Clock and Other Things (Megaminx and BLD)

Right now I’m focusing on a few events: Clock, Pyraminx, Skewb, 3x3, and 4x4 (Megaminx and 2x2 more on the side). I’ve always been really into non-NxN’s, so I tend to practice those a lot more. However, I’d like to start working more on 3x3 and 4x4.

For 3x3, I average around 21-22 seconds. My best single is 11.72 and my best average is 15.80 (Not original times on this post). Right now I’m looking to be sub-20 consistently.

Clock is by far one of my favorite events. I love practicing, and I think it’s so fun! My best single and average are 3.73 and 5.14 (not original times on this post), respectively. My aim is for as fast as I can get!

In Pyraminx, I tend to average around 3.9-4.7. My goal would be around 3-4 consistently. For Skewb, I’m about 6-7, aiming for around 5.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I just got back into cubing a few months ago after taking years off. Trying to familiarize myself with everything again!

Last edited:
How are you so good at clock? Clock has become one of my top 5 events, and I would like to improve. So, any tips would help. Thanks.
Hey! For clock, I’ve just been practicing a ton. You need to get used to how much a dial turns for accuracy, so keeping that in mind is a good start. For example, I practiced identifying what 2 or 3 clicks away from a certain position would look and feel like. Also, learn to use thumbs if you haven’t. It feels really weird at first but you slowly get used to it!

Right now I’m focusing on a few events: Clock, Pyraminx, Skewb, 3x3, and 4x4 (Megaminx and 2x2 more on the side). I’ve always been really into non-NxN’s, so I tend to practice those a lot more. However, I’d like to start working more on 3x3 and 4x4. All of these times are from when I’d started practicing again.

For 3x3, I average around 22-23 seconds. My best single is 18.00 and my best average is 21.21. Right now I’m looking to be sub-20 consistently.

Clock is by far one of my favorite events. I love practicing it and I think it’s so fun! I got my best single and average today, 5.78 and 7.49 respectively. My aim is for as fast as I can get!

In Pyraminx, I tend to average around 4-6. My goal would be around 3-4 consistently. For Skewb, I’m about 6-7, aiming for around 5.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I just got back into cubing a few months ago after taking years off. Trying to familiarize myself with everything again!
Just hit Clock PB! 5.66 single and 7.26 average. Also got a 3x3 20.83 Average; Sub-20 hopefully next

You're like only a bit slower than world class people, dude! You'll be at top 200 in the world for both single and average! Do you use the QiYi magnectic clock?

I don't even have a clock yet lol
Thank you so much! I’m really hoping to get sub-5 in the near future, but it takes a ton of solves to work down, haha.

I do use the Qiyi! In my opinion it’s the best on the market by FAR. It’s a bit pricier, but totally worth it. If you’re interested in working on clock I 100% recommend it. Some DNM does the trick real well for me.

Imsoosm

Thank you so much! I’m really hoping to get sub-5 in the near future, but it takes a ton of solves to work down, haha.

I do use the Qiyi! In my opinion it’s the best on the market by FAR. It’s a bit pricier, but totally worth it. If you’re interested in working on clock I 100% recommend it. Some DNM does the trick real well for me.
I'm curious, how do you add lube into clock?

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Right now I’m focusing on a few events: Clock, Pyraminx, Skewb, 3x3, and 4x4 (Megaminx and 2x2 more on the side). I’ve always been really into non-NxN’s, so I tend to practice those a lot more. However, I’d like to start working more on 3x3 and 4x4. All of these times are from when I’d started practicing again.

For 3x3, I average around 22-23 seconds. My best single is 15.47 and my best average is 20.83. Right now I’m looking to be sub-20 consistently.

Clock is by far one of my favorite events. I love practicing it and I think it’s so fun! I got my best single and average today, 5.53 and 6.82 respectively. My aim is for as fast as I can get!

In Pyraminx, I tend to average around 4-6. My goal would be around 3-4 consistently. For Skewb, I’m about 6-7, aiming for around 5.

Good luck with practicing this list of diverse events.

I am not good in either of these events so I cannot help. If you plan to start out with blindsolving, I am happy to help.

Good luck with practicing this list of diverse events.

I am not good in either of these events so I cannot help. If you plan to start out with blindsolving, I am happy to help.
I’ve actually never considered blind solving! That could be really neat to learn sometime though. Blind clock could be a great start. Should be a WCA event, in fact.