• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CLL,EG or LBL for 2x2

BerserkerSA

I am currently using LBL for 2x2 and can sub 3 quite frequently. Once I used CLL, my time got to 6 or 7 secs. I have only remembered those Sune cases for CLL. Should I consider remember all other CLL and EG? Or should I stick to LBL?

M

Malkom

I am currently using LBL for 2x2 and can sub 3 quite frequently. Once I used CLL, my time got to 6 or 7 secs. I have only remembered those Sune cases for CLL. Should I consider remember all other CLL and EG? Or should I stick to LBL?
CLL and EG are much faster, CP recognition can take some time to learn but will be much faster in the long run. Once you learn 1-looking it will be even easier since that recognition is in inspection, the lower move count of CLL and/or EG also means lower times for any given TPS.

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Considering cll is literally lbl but one less step, it's obviously faster and you should stick with it. Like any alg set, at first you will be slower because you need more recognition and recall time, but it's faster in the end.
You can start learning the rest of EG when you are low three or sub three

BerserkerSA

Since I can sub 3 with LBL, is it guaranteed that using CLL, EG will bring me sub 2? I am never good at looking ahead tho.

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Since I can sub 3 with LBL, is it guaranteed that using CLL, EG will bring me sub 2? I am never good at looking ahead tho.
Well what do you actually average with lbl, cll is just one less alg than lbl, so it's better, but definitely won't make you sub 2. Sub 2 requires one looking almost every solve and knowing full EG. One looking becomes easier the more sets you know, but you should practice one looking up to depths you find reasonable, like 4 moves or something