• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

chronoPuzzle (timer for Android devices: smartphone and tablet)

UnderStorm

WCA
2009SANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ChronoPuzzle is a Rubik's cube timer and scrambler for speedcubers.

If you are not at home and if you don't have a stackmat with you, ChronoPuzzle is what you need!
Discovering how fast you are has never been so simple.

Features:
• Scramble for 2x2 to 7x7, Rubik's Clock, Pyraminx (Random state), Square-1 (Random state), Megaminx and Skewb.
• Scramble support for all WCA events like 3x3OH, 3x3 BLD, 3x3WF, 4x4 BLD, 5x5 BLD.
• Best, Worst, Mean of 3, Best Mean of 3, Average of 5, Best Average of 5, Average of 12, Best Average of 12, Average of 100, Best Average of 100, Session Average, Standard Deviation, Session Mean.
• Timer format (seconds, deciseconds, centiseconds, milliseconds) - Timer precision: 1 millisecond.
• Hold to start, tap to stop.
• Save battery life (very useful during BLD solves).
• You can add parities and penalties, pop and DNF's.
• WCA inspection (15 seconds countdown).
• It's possible to modify your times whenever you want.
• Save and load your session automatically.
• The timer reads the solve for you in several languages!
• Portrait/Landscape mode.
• Tablet support.
• Possibility to resize the font size of the timer/scramble.
• Minimal interface.
• You can share your average where do you want!

ChronoPuzzle is already on Android Market, so you can download it immediatly! It's free :)
If you have any suggestions to help me improve the next release, please don't hesitate to contact me in this thread or by email :D
I hope you enjoy this app. Happy cubing ;)

QR Code:
img.php

Screenshot:

Tags: wca, rubik, cube, speedcuber, timer, scrambler, puzzle, chronopuzzle, android

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-15-00-11-21_framed.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-15-00-11-21_framed.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2014-02-15-00-18-00_framed.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-15-00-18-00_framed.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2014-02-15-00-18-38_framed.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-15-00-18-38_framed.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

otsyke

great!

can i ask why the app needs the complete network access permission?

Thank you!

UnderStorm

WCA
2009SANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@otsyke: at the moment it isn't very usefull, but in the future release I'm going to add stuff that require internet XD Thanks for downloading ! :D

@jtjogobonito: Perfect! Thank you! I'll add this png in the main post ;)

@AllOfYou: Thanks guys!! And remember, if you have any ideas or cool feature that you want in chronoPuzzle, feel free to contact me!

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
It is possible to get a time of 0.00, 0.10, 0.20, 0.30, or 0.41, but it is not possible to get any times in between. I was able to get 0.41 or 0.50, but no other times between those. You can also visually see that the seconds are not entirely constant, i.e., there appears to be more times between some seconds than others. May I ask what function you are using for timing?

UnderStorm

WCA
2009SANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope you're not doing something like:

Code:
def updates_every_1ms(event)
  time += 1
end

This would lead to very inaccurate times.

No, I'm not doing that :p
My "error" was just like I call the thread every 100 milliseconds instead of 10 or 1.. I'm not getting the time in that way, but using a function that returns the milliseconds passed since the timer started! ;)

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Have you fixed the timer issue mentioned above?

I like JustinTime timer but it doesn't save sessions if my phone locks the screen. Which makes it bad if I have to leave somewhere. I'll download this upon your answer.

UnderStorm

WCA
2009SANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
NEW VERSION AVAILABLE!! 1.2 !!!!

Here it is the new feature:

- Timer precision set to 1 millisecond.
- Share your average on Facebook, Twitter etc..
- Added Megaminx scrambler.
- Fixed several bugs.
- Added average of 50.
- Added voices (Italian, German, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Japanese).

Chesnut

WCA
2011REIN01
It seems great, but could use some small edits. For example, the first thing I noticed was that the blue bar with instructions distracted me when I was trying to scramble by cube using the scramble written just below the blue bar.

Also, two things you are probably already aware of ( inb4 "they're features not bugs" ):
Screen turning off.
Times not saving.

iEnjoyCubing

WCA
2011VALL01
Just downloaded and am trying it out. Very nice, works well. My only compliant (I think someone mentioned it above) is that the blue bar scrolling at the top of the screen is a bit distracting. I think having it fade out after a few seconds would be nice. Thanks for the great timer :D

UnderStorm

WCA
2009SANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It seems great, but could use some small edits. For example, the first thing I noticed was that the blue bar with instructions distracted me when I was trying to scramble by cube using the scramble written just below the blue bar.

Also, two things you are probably already aware of ( inb4 "they're features not bugs" ):
Screen turning off.
Times not saving.

Mmm.. do you think that the blue bar distract you? Do you mean when it's scrolling or everytime? Because after the first solve, the scrolling text disappear and the blue bar shows the name of the puzzle only. It seems cool for me XD I don't know what to do..
Anyway thanks a lot for your opinion, and if you have other advices let me know them :D

Just downloaded and am trying it out. Very nice, works well. My only compliant (I think someone mentioned it above) is that the blue bar scrolling at the top of the screen is a bit distracting. I think having it fade out after a few seconds would be nice. Thanks for the great timer :D

Thanks for downloading!! :D
Do you really think that it's distracting? Because as I mentioned above, the scrolling text is only visibile during the first solve and since the second solve the blue bar shows the name of the puzzle only without scrolling!

If you guys do you think that I have to remove the blue bar (after you have read my motivation) just let me now another time, but I will be very sad. :( Lol

Chrisalead

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it possible to have a direct link to the application file ? Because I have an Archos device that can't use the android market to download apps. My only 2 ways to get apps is either with the Archos website (an equivalent to android market) or manual install...

Thanks !

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have downloaded it and my biggest issue, besides the times not savign if I exit the app is that the scramble text is too small. This is an issue with almost all timers and it doesn't make any sense; utilize the space you have!!! I don't say this to be mean, it is just something that has frustrated me in many timers. There is sooo much room to increase the font size.