• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Choosing a Pyraminx

Which pyraminx do you think is the best?

• Moyu

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Shengshou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Qiyi

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Dayan

• Faxin

• Cyclone Boys

• QJ

• Total voters

EchecsRex

I am getting a pyraminx, but I do not know which one is the best. After a bit of research I found that the Moyu, Qiyi, and Shengshou Pyraminxs are the most popular. Which one should I get?

rumarfer28

Qiyi.

I have had the Moyu (2 ones XD), the Dayan and the Qiyi.

The Moyu is very smoth, with a soft clic and never pops with tight tensions. Is not very fast, so its very controlable. The problem I had was that if you aren't very accurate it lock up a bit because of its lack of corner cutting. Don't missunderstand me, the corner cutting isn't bad, but could be a bit better

Then the Dayan... its horrible XD I mod the center pieces to make the holes bigger to improve the corner cutting and reduce the pops (it pops a lot) and now is much better, but I hate the tips, they doesn't stay on place and for me are the worst problem of the puzzle. Don't by this pyraminx.

Finally, the Qiyi. It's super fast, a bit more clicky than the Moyu one, but not too much. The tips require a little more effort to start turning, and thats perfect for me because now I never turn them accidentaly. The corner cutting is much better than the Moyu and never pops. If you want a softer click, you can adjust the ballbearings, even you can adjust the tips, because they have 3 ballbearings, the click makes softer by taking apart 1 or 2 of them. And it comes in stickerless and I love stickerless cubes.

That being said, the Moyu is a great option too, and problably better for a beginer because is more controlable. But I suck at pyraminx (8-10 seconds) and I had no problems with the speed of the Qiyi.