• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Chester's final cube (17/17 multi bld WR)

blah

brah
Does anyone else have footage of my multi attempt? I have a 1 GB video of my last 11 cubes.

I've literally spent the last eleven hours toying around with this stupid .mov file. Compressed it about 20 times 20 different ways. Each time takes about 30 minutes. Each time something stupid happens. First of all it plays upside down in VLC. (It plays fine in QuickTime.) After I convert/compress it to .avi, it plays upside down in every player I have. I import it into Windows Movie Maker to make it upright, that worked fine, but when I publish it, it's squished down to the bottom half of the screen, the top half is just green.

I'm done. I've never been more frustrated.

Any experts on large upside down video files?

kprox1994

WCA
2017PAAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone else have footage of my multi attempt? I have a 1 GB video of my last 11 cubes.

I've literally spent the last eleven hours toying around with this stupid .mov file. Compressed it about 20 times 20 different ways. Each time takes about 30 minutes. Each time something stupid happens. First of all it plays upside down in VLC. (It plays fine in QuickTime.) After I convert/compress it to .avi, it plays upside down in every player I have. I import it into Windows Movie Maker to make it upright, that worked fine, but when I publish it, it's squished down to the bottom half of the screen, the top half is just green.

What Movie Maker version are you using? I use Live Movie Maker and it works fine with HD video upside down from my iPod. I have problems with the old version of Movie Maker, try downloading the new version if you are on Vista or 7.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mike, it's so unfortunate you couldn't see it. I was thinking about it the whole time, watching his progress and seeing how you were probably still going to be solving when he finished :p Pyraminx was stalled so hard due to Chester :p

Chester, I know nothing about the files either, but I could always try to toy with it when I get the time, if you feel like sending me the file.

rahulkadukar

WCA
2009KADU01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Can you upload the original source, I can try to convert it in a way you want or maybe send you the proper side up AVI or MP4 file for this, try MediaCoder if uploading is a pain.

FileSonic seems like a good place to upload, I guess you need to split it though.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like VirtualDub for simple avi-editing, and it has a "flip vertically" filter. Reducing the video resolution might make encoding faster (don't know what resolution you have/want). As codec, I like x264 which has great quality and also a "Veryfast" preset configuration. After installing both, open the avi with VirtualDub, add the flip video filter, select the codec for video compression (configure Veryfast if you want), and save to a new file.

Oh and congrats on the record :)

Last edited: