• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Chesapeake Science Point Fall 2012 - October 13, 2012

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any other date and I could do it, but October 13th is http://www.thebaltimoremarathon.com/

Not many cubers are runners so it doesn't affect many. Although this does get thousand and thousands of people participating. Wouldn't be surprised if some parents wouldn't let kids come to this if they participate. Think around 10k entries are allowed in all the events of this. They shut down the city of Baltimore to let the runners go through the streets. (well, not everything is shut down on the roads, but majority of hte city is)

Bah, not that I've been practicing anyway.

Edit-Many people will be driving through Baltimore. Not a smart date. I doubt many will be able to come if coming from North

Edit-To cubers going to this. Avoid driving through Baltimore on the morning of the 13th. You won't make it to the comp on time. I've done this festival the past 2 years and you WILL be stuck in traffic.

Avoid Baltimore. Take a highway. Pay tolls or something.

Last edited:

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The original date was the 20th but I had to move it, otherwise I wouldn't have a venue D;

As long as people avoid Baltimore City, this comp should be unaffected, come to think about it.

I assume there's a highway that can get past Baltimore? I dont live all that close to there so I don't know the area.

MirzaCubing

WCA
2011MIRZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As long as people avoid Baltimore City, this comp should be unaffected, come to think about it.

I assume there's a highway that can get past Baltimore? I dont live all that close to there so I don't know the area.

The school is located closer to Howard County, and Baltimore has a few routes that take you towards the school.
Good thing I take field trips to Baltimore so much :D

jonlin

WCA
2012LINJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Raffle suggestions:
MM
Mini Zhanchi
Random Dayan
Random 3x3
Maru 4x4

I can't go because I live in maryland but you should have sq1. just a suggestion.

I'm kidding, you dipwads :D

Last edited:

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The school is located closer to Howard County, and Baltimore has a few routes that take you towards the school.
Good thing I take field trips to Baltimore so much :D

Mike Kotch told me he would normally go through Baltimore to get to where your comp is.

I'm just going off what he said. If he would go through Baltimore, many more would also.