• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Check out my (scrambled)collection (and share yours)

unirox13

Recently I finished a reorganization of my entire collection, nearly 140 different puzzles. As I normally do, I decided to do a bulk scramble of the entire group after getting it all tidied up. It took me around 9 and a half hours to scramble everything you see. Based on past experience it will probably take me around 55 hours of hands on time to solve everything. Playability has always been a big factor for me in this community; why have toys if you're not going to play with them? lol. So I enjoy the bulk scrambles as almost forced incentive for me to solve everything, even some of the ones that give me a hard time or I still find difficult. Everything in these pics has been solved at least once, multiple times for most of them. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, please post pics of your collections, and don't be afraid to scramble them all first. Who knows, you might enjoy it.
Solved 1.jpgScrambled 1.jpgSolved 11.jpgScrambled 11.jpgSolved 2.jpgScrambled 2.jpgSolved 3.jpgScrambled 3.jpgSolved 4.jpgScrambled 4.jpgSolved 5.jpgScrambled 5.jpgSolved 6.jpgScrambled 6.jpgSolved 7.jpgScrambled 7.jpgSolved 8.jpgScrambled 8.jpg

Last edited:
This is insane. I only have a about 11 (two of them broken) and I don't even want to know how much all of that cost. Now I'm wondering: How do you get so much money to buy all of this, and if you're young enough to live in your moms house, and she buys all of them for you.

unirox13

This is insane. I only have a about 11 (two of them broken) and I don't even want to know how much all of that cost. Now I'm wondering: How do you get so much money to buy all of this, and if you're young enough to live in your moms house, and she buys all of them for you.
I've been solving for over 15 years. I started focusing on collecting and learning new puzzles about 10+ years ago. So even though it's a large collection, it didn't happen overnight. It's been many years of bargaining and buying.

SpedCube

WCA
2023COWL02
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I've been solving the cube since 2020 (when I had to be locked in my house). Just did it for fun on a generic rubik's brand cube. Then over the past 6 months, I've become completely addicted to speedsolving and jperm videos. I have a collection of 29 cubes, which include:
5 Rubik's Brand 3by3
Rubik's Brand 2by2
2 Mini Rubik's Cubes
A Pyramorphix (idk what brand)
A cheap budget qiyi pyraminx
A cheap budget 3by3, also qiyi
An axis cube (still working on that), qiyi
A pinwheel cube, qiyi
A fisher cube, qiyi
A Skewb, qiyi
A qiyi 2by2
A qiyi jelly edition 3by3
Rubik's phantom cube
1by1
qiyi Ivy Cube
Warrior W 3by3 (first speed cube)
Mirror Block Cube
A qiyi budget megaminx
qiyi 2by2by3
Nexgen 3by3
qiyi pyraminx ms
YJ Yupo 2by2 V2 M
Meilong 4by4
YJ YuHu Megaminx V2 M

And my prized Tornado V3 Pioneer that I just got last week.
The only 2 that I have yet to solve is the axis cube and the pyramorphix.
I apologize for the lengthy message lol, cant take a pic.

unirox13

So I've been solving the cube since 2020 (when I had to be locked in my house). Just did it for fun on a generic rubik's brand cube. Then over the past 6 months, I've become completely addicted to speedsolving and jperm videos. I have a collection of 29 cubes, which include:
5 Rubik's Brand 3by3
Rubik's Brand 2by2
2 Mini Rubik's Cubes
A Pyramorphix (idk what brand)
A cheap budget qiyi pyraminx
A cheap budget 3by3, also qiyi
An axis cube (still working on that), qiyi
A pinwheel cube, qiyi
A fisher cube, qiyi
A Skewb, qiyi
A qiyi 2by2
A qiyi jelly edition 3by3
Rubik's phantom cube
1by1
qiyi Ivy Cube
Warrior W 3by3 (first speed cube)
Mirror Block Cube
A qiyi budget megaminx
qiyi 2by2by3
Nexgen 3by3
qiyi pyraminx ms
YJ Yupo 2by2 V2 M
Meilong 4by4
YJ YuHu Megaminx V2 M

And my prized Tornado V3 Pioneer that I just got last week.
The only 2 that I have yet to solve is the axis cube and the pyramorphix.
I apologize for the lengthy message lol, cant take a pic.
Awesome collection start, my friend. A couple of tips for the axis and the morphix. Maybe consider looking up a few different beginners methods, there's more than one out there. The last layer is what normally throws folks off on both of those. Remember, on the last layer, to ignore the rest of the puzzle. Your main goal is to get those last layer edges permuted and oriented correctly, relevant to that last center. From there, you can make it correct. For shape mods, beginners methods are surprisingly helpful and informative for future puzzles.

SpedCube

WCA
2023COWL02
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, on the fisher and pinwheel, I just treated it like a normal 3 by 3. At first I was confused, but then I realized that it was able to be solved the same way and I could get them solved with ease. The axis is just giving me some trouble, figuring out what pieces are what, tracking them all, etc. And the pyramorphix for some reason just wont click in my head. Im stubborn tho lol. Focused on 3x3, pyraminx, and megaminx rn because I enjoy those the most.

So what puzzle should I invest in next?

unirox13

Yeah, on the fisher and pinwheel, I just treated it like a normal 3 by 3. At first I was confused, but then I realized that it was able to be solved the same way and I could get them solved with ease. The axis is just giving me some trouble, figuring out what pieces are what, tracking them all, etc. And the pyramorphix for some reason just wont click in my head. Im stubborn tho lol. Focused on 3x3, pyraminx, and megaminx rn because I enjoy those the most.

So what puzzle should I invest in next?
I recommend you check out something non-wca. Maybe a helicopter or curvy copter cube. Both are fairly simple, use the same mechanism with a slightly different solve. They're cool because they don't use any WCA mechanics, kind of a new addition to your brain and way of puzzle thinking. Also, cuboids are a great way to expand, 3x3x5, 3x3x7 are two great starting points. Both use a lot of beginner 3x3 abilities, but still require you to understand the puzzle. The 3x3x5 was one of my first non-wca puzzles and it'll always be one of my favorites.

SpedCube

WCA
2023COWL02
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recommend you check out something non-wca. Maybe a helicopter or curvy copter cube. Both are fairly simple, use the same mechanism with a slightly different solve. They're cool because they don't use any WCA mechanics, kind of a new addition to your brain and way of puzzle thinking. Also, cuboids are a great way to expand, 3x3x5, 3x3x7 are two great starting points. Both use a lot of beginner 3x3 abilities, but still require you to understand the puzzle. The 3x3x5 was one of my first non-wca puzzles and it'll always be one of my favorites.
Nice! Yeah, I have that 2 by 2 by 3, and when I got it I was thinking yo, this'll be easy! ... totally didnt look up a tutorial... But yeah, I enjoy it. Imma lay off the big orders for now, because my or may not have spent 80 bucks on cubes last week. What can I say, Im a nerd at heart. However, I am considering a square one, which will be torture. However, for now, Im just focused on getting faster. Currently average mid 20s using cfop.

unirox13

Nice! Yeah, I have that 2 by 2 by 3, and when I got it I was thinking yo, this'll be easy! ... totally didnt look up a tutorial... But yeah, I enjoy it. Imma lay off the big orders for now, because my or may not have spent 80 bucks on cubes last week. What can I say, Im a nerd at heart. However, I am considering a square one, which will be torture. However, for now, Im just focused on getting faster. Currently average mid 20s using cfop.
If speed is your main focus, then major props headed your way, man. Best of luck! The Square-1 is an awesome, unique puzzle. It doesn't really lend itself to many other solves, but it does force you to look at the puzzle in a completely different way. It's definitely worth learning, if for no other reason than bragging rights lol. Plus, you've gotta know Square-1 to solve Square-2 and that's just as much fun a puzzle. Kinda like the Square-1 4x4 in a way. Just a different type of reduction.

unirox13

Yeah, in november I was averaging like 35-40, using only beginner method, then I learned f2l and am working on oll and pll algorithms, so I'm getting there At least I have j perm
I'm not a speedsolver (sub 25 avg Roux) but the advice that I always give to speedsolve focused folks is to remember the puzzle. Don't forget to just do some slow solves, beginner's method, CFOP, whatever. Just slow, take your time solves and watch the pieces. Sometimes just understanding how the parts move can be a lot of help in making pairs or last layer scenarios. Best of luck, my friend!

SpedCube

WCA
2023COWL02
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not a speedsolver (sub 25 avg Roux) but the advice that I always give to speedsolve focused folks is to remember the puzzle. Don't forget to just do some slow solves, beginner's method, CFOP, whatever. Just slow, take your time solves and watch the pieces. Sometimes just understanding how the parts move can be a lot of help in making pairs or last layer scenarios. Best of luck, my friend!
Yeah, I usually learn algorithms going slow, watch the pieces so that I can have a general idea of what's happening. Takes a bit longer but helps out a lot. Especially with look ahead in f2l, which I've just started focusing on in the past few weeks