• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I'm back after a very long hiatus.

what should I use for an OH method

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
If you want to put time into getting good at M slice, which not everybody can master then 100% Roux. If you don't think you're capable of doing all the slice turns or you aren't a fan of table abuse go with ZZ. If you want something unique and fun go with YruRU, it's at least as good as ZZ and it's arguably a competitor with Roux.

I don't see any advantage of using Petrus or Nautilus for OH so probably don't do those unless you want to explore APB and some EO Nautilus variant.

WCA
2017BAIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I avg about 13 and sub-24 on OH. My current goal is to now avg sub 11 on 3x3 and sub 18 on OH.
For OH I would say that simply practice more. I went from ~1 min to sub-30 by simply practising a lot and not learning anything new. After that I learnt some OH PLL for the cases where I usually had to 2 look. I still use 2 look OLL but I will try to learn OH OLLs too.

CFOP INC

So I'm board so I thought i would update this with some goals for 2022 and beyond. Also I will try to keep this updated regularly. But I probably will fail at that.

First I finally got some new events them being square one and 5x5.

My goals are to.

• Get to be confidently sub 15 or even better.
  • Get sub 20 on square 1 this is one of my favorite events now.
  • Sub 1 minute on 4x4
  • Become sub 30 OH
  • Maybe get sub 2 minute on 5x5
  • Try new events.
  • And lastly maybe learn bld

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ore will break up with me if I don't tell you that you should check out the Lin method for square-1. Top Lin users are Vicenzo Guerino Cecchini, Alessandro Ricci, and Helmer Ewert - all of whom have either had a world record or are currently top 10 in the world for average.
It's much more intuitive and requires less algorithms than Vandenburg.

E: This is the best tutorial if you want to learn how to do blind

Last edited:

CFOP INC

ore will break up with me if I don't tell you that you should check out the Lin method for square-1. Top Lin users are Vicenzo Guerino Cecchini, Alessandro Ricci, and Helmer Ewert - all of whom have either had a world record or are currently top 10 in the world for average.
It's much more intuitive and requires less algorithms than Vandenburg.

E: This is the best tutorial if you want to learn how to do blind
Thanks for the suggestions cause I had no idea what method I was going to learn for sq1

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And I'm board so I thought i would update this with some goals for 2022 and beyond. Also I will try to keep this updated regularly. But I probably will fail at that.

First I finally got some new events them being square one and 5x5.

My goals are to.

• Get to be confidently sub 15 or even better.
  • Get sub 20 on square 1 this is one of my favorite events now.
  • Sub 1 minute on 4x4
  • Become sub 30 OH
  • Maybe get sub 2 minute on 5x5
  • Try new events.
  • And lastly maybe learn bld
www.cubeskills.com and Tuesday Tips by Kevin Hays are the best place to learn how to get fast on 5x5.
And 6x6/7x7.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@GenTheThief What's the best way to learn Lin. tutorials and algs stuff like that
Here's a text tutorial for lin, in the form of an image.
1644450422351.png

Alessandro also has a good yt series I've heard:

If you need a tutorial for cubeshape, derpy has a beginner tutorial, and cubemaster has fantastic videos on the topic as well.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's a text tutorial for lin, in the form of an image.

Alessandro also has a good yt series I've heard:

If you need a tutorial for cubeshape, derpy has a beginner tutorial, and cubemaster has fantastic videos on the topic as well.
I loved this tutorial. Thanks for linking it up.