• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Celeritas thread

chron0s

Wanted to get a thread started for users of Celeritas - how are people liking this new lube from Chris Tran / the cubicle?

I have to say - Angstrom Gravitas and Dignitas are so easy to use, very forgiving and easy to predict the effects. That's something I've come to appreciate more the more I use them.

I'm just starting to experiment with Celeritas. I lubed a thunderclap 3 M, weipo WR M, a GTS3 WR M, and my trusty main - a self magnetized MF3RS2M. All four were disasembled when cleaned before applying the lube. I used 2 drops of reagent A and B in all cubes.

Lube seemed to work in all of them. I didn't get significant slowdown or change in speed in any of them, but it did smooth out the feel. The feeling is less pronounced in the weipo WR M and thunderclap M (both with pimary internals).

Best result for me was in the MFS3RS2M - I LOVE the way the lube feels in this cube and it really smoothed it out and gave it a gliding feeling. Similar to mystic but better in my opinion.

Big fan of this lube but still experimenting. I'd love to get a better effect in the weipo WR M - that cube is too fast out of the box.

Curious to hear other experiences and will keep this thread updated as I try big cubes.

chron0s

Set up a bunch more cubes with Celeritas - All of the cubes benefitted and a few (RS3M and GTS3M) felt just amazing. I tried 3 drops of A and B and didn't get an undesirable slowdown - speed felt good and the plush smooth feeling is just awesome. I've been complementing with dignitas. Curious to see how long this lasts and would love to hear other peoples experience and setup tips.

chron0s

Tried this in another stock GTS3 WRM - holy moly. lubicle black on the core, tensioned to just where the threads stop on all sides then backed out 3/4 of a turn. 3 drops A, 2 solves, then 3 drops B. Added a bit of gravitas on the tracks. Spring settings at 6 all around. Instant main, I LOVE what this lube does in the GTS3M, all the out-of-the-box sandiness is gone. I might put a little bit of dignitas on the pieces but thats it. I know they recommend 2 drops for 3x3s with celeritas, but I haven't seen significant slowdown from 3 and the GTS3 is so fast anyway, more drops also seems to intensify the glide effect.

Also put it in the GTS2 WR release, excellent results.

It's now oct 17th, I think the first batch of cubes that I put this in are still pretty smooth - its a long lasting effect.

Agree Capcubeing that its not for every cube. I didn't get great results on the thunderclap 3 M or weipo WR M. I'm curious if primary plastic doesn't work as well or something, with the weipo M I think I just needed to use more, that cube is way too fast out of the box and overshoots turns. If you're a user of the MF3RS2 or MF3RS3, Valk, or GTS cubes though this in my opinion is an excellent lube.

Also now that I think about it LCC really liked the effect in the valk power on his channel so it may just depend on puzzle.

chron0s

I was curious how this lube interacts with other lubes (since they say to clean your cube) - I added it to the YJ Yulong v2 M that I treated a few weeks ago and added gravitas to - this time just two drops. The celeritas seemed to slow the cube down a bit more than last time, and feels excellent. The YJ Yulong v2 really responds well to this lube and is an absolutely excellent puzzle. I think I like the MF3RS3M slightly more (also great with celeritas) but its a minor preference.

Another plus for Celeritas - when it starts to die it doesn't gum up your cube.

I put celeritas into a hypercoat MF3RS3M I got here on the forum from hypercubelabs- works great and actually I don't really need anything else in the cube. Its competing for main vs my GTS3 WR M.

THIS LUBE IS AMAZING!

Last edited: