• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CCT Timer (CalCubeTimer) Issue with new laptop

dancran

Hey everyone,

I used CCT on my old laptop with no problems. I have it running fine on my new laptop, however every week or so the database (.xml file holding all my times) gets deleted / reset. I don't have to remake the profile, but everything was erased. Very confused by this and it has happened several times now... Had 200 solves in the database when it reset this time.

Has anyone else had this issue / does anyone have an idea on how to fix it? Laptop is running Windows 7.

Thanks for any advice you can give,

Dancran

cityzach

WCA
2010GOLD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm also having a problem with cct. Whenever I try to open it this pops up:

Couldn't find file!
C:\Users\beats\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_cct-0.9.5_20091127 (1).zip\cct-0.9.5\profiles\defaults.properties
Couldn't find file!
C:\Users\beats\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_cct-0.9.5_20091127 (1).zip\cct-0.9.5\guiLayouts

brandbest1

WCA
2011LINB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm also having a problem with cct. Whenever I try to open it this pops up:

Couldn't find file!
C:\Users\beats\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_cct-0.9.5_20091127 (1).zip\cct-0.9.5\profiles\defaults.properties
Couldn't find file!
C:\Users\beats\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_cct-0.9.5_20091127 (1).zip\cct-0.9.5\guiLayouts

That kept on happening to me before. Take the contents of the .zip file and put them in a folder in your desktop. Then access cct from there.

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I used CCT on my old laptop with no problems. I have it running fine on my new laptop, however every week or so the database (.xml file holding all my times) gets deleted / reset. I don't have to remake the profile, but everything was erased. Very confused by this and it has happened several times now... Had 200 solves in the database when it reset this time.

Has anyone else had this issue / does anyone have an idea on how to fix it? Laptop is running Windows 7.

Yeah, this is a known issue. CCT doesn't deal well (at all) with it being killed in any "not nice" way. So if you want to keep your times safe, the best thing to do is to close CCT safely, by clicking the X at the top right. Alternatively, you could use Prisma.