• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CCT Scramble Customizations

Athefre

I'm trying to make a custom scramble group in CCT that will only generate turns like <R,R',R2,U,U',U2> but I'm not sure if it can be done. I see that you can name your group, decide the length of the scrambles, customize the averages, and select the type of puzzle it is.

I also see the Generator Group column. Is that what I'm looking for? If so, how do I use it?

EDIT: Also, how do I delete new groups that I've made? I've made a few while testing and want them removed.

Last edited:

Lucas Garron

WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I should probably mention that Jeremy plans to implement this, but still left it out of the current release because I couldn't explain my scheme very well. Thing is, it's easy to general lots of random moves from a set of possibilities, but to make them useful, you have to disallow redundancies, which is not straightforward for a general scrambler...

Athefre

you can get a program to open and edit class files from here:
http://www.cs.ioc.ee/~ando/jbe/
not sure how to edit though
or you could just checkout the source from the repository

I think that your reply just might be the most subtle RTFM reply ever ;-)
I read the manual, didn't understand all of it and I'm not a programmer, so I came to ask if the thing I mentioned that I found (Go to "File", "Configuration", "Scramble Customizations", then it's the "generator group" column) is for users to easily make their on custom scrambles. Apparently it's not.

Asumptions, asumptions...

fcwy1

YouTube
Visit Channel
so how do you edit it?
maybe can post a video or something?
i thought you needed a bytecode editor to open and modify class files?

fcwy1

YouTube
Visit Channel
I still don't get how to edit Jnet using text editor.
For example, if i want to make the scramble "U U U U U U....", how do i do it?