• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Carnegie Mellon Fall 2009

Edmund

WCA
2008ROTH03
Magic, but no MM?

And I'm guessing Clock-> Sq-1

I may be there.

That's what I was gonna guess. I'm down with Square-1 also though. But 2x2 Final would probably fit in the 15 minutes which I'm not sure Square-1 would. Pyraminx would probably fit (even though I hate pyraminx).

Edmund

WCA
2008ROTH03
Magic, but no MM?

I'm pretty sure it said both.

I've noticed Ilkyoo changed rooms in the building once again (I think). I hated the place last time. It was a good size and stuff but terrible lighting. The room for last year's fall comp was pretty good.

Last edited:

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
2.5 hours away? I should be able to make this...

Also, only 15 minutes for registration/setup seems really rushed. Will setup occur before 10?

Ilkyoo Choi

WCA
2008CHOI04
Oh man, a number of posts already. Here we go, a bunch of replies. I'm always open ears, so any suggestions/comments are welcome.

Is there anyway Ilkyoo would think about 2 2x2 rounds?
Most likely there will be an extra hour or two, as usual, so I can always execute more events. However, I will prefer having 6x6, 7x7, 3x3OH, square-1 instead of a second round of some event.

Clock will probably be gotten rid of for some other event.
So clock is staying for now, it's a short event.

Magic, but no MM?.
MM is going to happen, the WCA website just didn't have it.

OK, so 2x2 is a combined final, which seems kind of weird, but Magic as a combined final?
Well, it's doubtful that I'll cut people off for MM, or even magic. My cutoffs are really generous, mostly because I want students in my Rubik's Cube class to participate in as many events as possible. The cutoff for 3x3 first round is 10 minutes :p If you didn't hear, the competition is really laid back.

I've noticed Ilkyoo changed rooms in the building once again (I think). I hated the place last time. It was a good size and stuff but terrible lighting. The room for last year's fall comp was pretty good.
I'll make the sure the room is good this time. Last semester's room sucked, the tech people at my school really disappointed me.

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
OK, so 2x2 is a combined final, which seems kind of weird, but Magic as a combined final?
Well, it's doubtful that I'll cut people off for MM, or even magic. My cutoffs are really generous, mostly because I want students in my Rubik's Cube class to participate in as many events as possible. The cutoff for 3x3 first round is 10 minutes :p If you didn't hear, the competition is really laid back.

You should add those times to the page, so that people know what they are instead of having to guess if 4x4 is going to have a 1:00 cutoff or a 10:00 cutoff.

And you should have a link to the registration page near the top. This will avoid people having to look at that page longer than needed :)

Dave Campbell

WCA
2005CAMP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just wanted to nominate this competition in the Worst Website Ever category.

Also, does anyone know if Gilles van den Peereboom is actually coming or did someone just register him because they thought it would be funny? I ask because we have had one disgruntled ex cuber submit a lot of false registrations at our comps in the past.

But if he is coming, that would be aces.

Last edited: