• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Can't find particular video tutorial

GreenT

Hi,

A couple of years ago I found a video that had a very quick tutorial for solving the C4U 3x3x5 and 3x3x7 cubes. It was the perfect tutorial for me. I learned it, practiced it for a little while, had fun scrambling and solving these cubes for a couple weeks, and then got distracted by other puzzles and hobbies. Just recently I ran across these cubes again, and while I remember most of what I used to do to solve them, I've forgotten a step or two. I can still solve them, but I'm screwing it up sometimes and have to go back to fix/re-do steps here and there.

I realize there are probably dozens of people here who could give me solving advice. That's not what I'm looking for. What's driving me crazy is that I can't find that same video.

I have found dozens of videos with tutorials for 3x3x5 and/or 3x3x7, but none of them is the right one. They all use a different method, and many of them are in languages I don't understand.

I have been searching for days to find that same tutorial again and can't find it. Maybe somebody here knows which video I'm talking about. Here is what I remember about it:
  • I believe the video was on YouTube.
  • I cannot remember who the video maker/tutor was.
  • I think the video was about a bunch of things, and the tutorial was just the last part. It might have been an unboxing or review of these puzzles, or even for some other twisty puzzle, with the 3x3x5 tutorial tacked on to the end.
  • It was not a comprehensive how-to that covered all of the required algorithms step-by-step.
  • The method was easy to learn for people who already knew how to solve the 3x3x3 and 3x3x2 (Domino).
  • I doubt it is the fastest method to solve these cubes. That doesn't bother me.
  • If I remember correctly, at one point the tutor said something like, "If this situation pops up, rotate the middle slice up and then execute an H-perm to fix it."
  • The video was in English.
I realize this is a long shot. I wish I remembered more about the video so it would be easier to narrow down/find. But I'd really like to see it again. Thanks in advance to anybody who might be able to help.

GreenT

EntireTV

Yeah peopel take down or privatize their videos a lot. This has happened to me and the videos just are gone. I don't think you'll ever find it :(

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
If you're an active YouTube user history won't be that much help (youtube only saves so much video history and this was a couple years ago) however likes are saved forever. If you liked the video you can find it in your liked videos. If you're an active YouTube user/liker and it's all clogged up, just keep hitting the end key on your computer and keep clicking show more. Once you are around the time frame you think you saw the video just scan through for it.

GreenT

I don't even have an account on YouTube.

I was hoping somebody here might read the description and think, "Oh yeah, I saw that too," and maybe remember which YouTuber it was.

GreenT

Do you remember the accent of the person and how well made the video was?
I don't think the person had an accent (or if he did it wasn't a strong one).

I can't remember if it was really well-made or not, but it had some planning that went into it. In other words it wasn't a 30-second 'here's how I do this algorithm' type video. I think it was somebody with a channel, who made other cube-related videos, and might have had a title sequence. But I'm not sure of any of this. The main thing I remember was that he recommended fixing a certain situation by rotating the middle slice up and doing an H-perm, which I thought was a clever way to fix that problem.

A couple days ago I thought it might have been JRCuber, but I went to his videos page and couldn't find anything like that. Also, I think the person in the video I'm looking for was older than him.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think the person had an accent (or if he did it wasn't a strong one).

I can't remember if it was really well-made or not, but it had some planning that went into it. In other words it wasn't a 30-second 'here's how I do this algorithm' type video. I think it was somebody with a channel, who made other cube-related videos, and might have had a title sequence. But I'm not sure of any of this. The main thing I remember was that he recommended fixing a certain situation by rotating the middle slice up and doing an H-perm, which I thought was a clever way to fix that problem.

A couple days ago I thought it might have been JRCuber, but I went to his videos page and couldn't find anything like that. Also, I think the person in the video I'm looking for was older than him.

If you haven't cleared out your browser history since then, you could always check that. It's unlikely, but you never know.