• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Canadian NR] Jacob Hutnyk 33.60 Official 4x4 average

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
MLSTRMRVLTN
Good job!
Just to say though, shouldn't the 4th solve be a +4 or a DNF due to A6e?

A6e) The competitor must not touch or move the puzzle until the judge has inspected the puzzle. Penalty: disqualification of the attempt (DNF). Exception: If no moves have been applied, a time penalty (+2 seconds) may be assigned instead, at the discretion of the judge.

WCA
2009JOHN05
YouTube
JackTheCuber
If no moves have been applied, a time penalty (+2 seconds) may be assigned instead, at the discretion of the judge.
His touching of the puzzle was more reflexes than anything. I think the judge made the right call.

EDIT: I think A6e is pretty unclear. Does the judge have to penalize if the competitor touches the puzzle or can the judge leave it be?

Last edited:
WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
MLSTRMRVLTN
His touching of the puzzle was more reflexes than anything. I think the judge made the right call.

EDIT: I think A6e is pretty unclear. Does the judge have to penalize if the competitor touches the puzzle or can the judge leave it be?
Yeah its written weirdly, but as I read it, it implies it's either a +2 or a DNF. It could be that even the +2 can be ignored if its judges discretion, which I guess is how it's been interpreted.

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
yoshinator879
Thread starter #11
grats

cube sounds really clicky
Thanks!

I don't know why that is, I really don't think it is.

Yeah its written weirdly, but as I read it, it implies it's either a +2 or a DNF. It could be that even the +2 can be ignored if its judges discretion, which I guess is how it's been interpreted.
I don't think it should be +4 or DNF because a) it was just reflexes, b) it didn't effect the cube at all, the video proves that

Nice! Too bad about the +2 though :/

But so lucky!
Thanks! I think all of the luck makes up for all of the crappy luck I've had with parity over the last year or so... :p

At least now people will stop mocking you, lol. Good job :tu awesome solves.
Thanks! That's exactly what I was thinking!

Good job!
Could have been 32.93 without the +2 :/
I can't really complain though, what with how lucky I got... :)

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
yoshinator879
Thread starter #20
Nice average!

And you should learn this alg btw: R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2
I use: L' U2 R U' R' U2 L R U' R'
Wow, those are much better than the ones that I used (which I figured out on my own :p). Thanks!

Can somebody reconstruct? I'd love to see the splits.

Also, wtf

36.30, 33.60. 30.63 all the same numbers just jumbled, makes me laugh