• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

can someone teach me how to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zottey

YouTube
Visit Channel
mod a new 3x3. i got a diansheng yesterday and it's very smooth but it's clicky and locks up quite a bit. i siliconed it already. any tips or ideas on how to reduce lock ups? thanks a lot.

Nukoca

What I would suggest doing is putting sand in there, solving it a couple times, and then disassembling it to wipe all he sand out ( perhaps washing the pieces with water but NOT the core) and then re-lube it with silicone.

BTW this should probably be in the beginner's section.

Chuberchuckee

Wait, why can't we wash the core?

I soaked my storebought core and centerpieces in warm water for certainly more than half and hour, soaked it in cold water for over a half hour, and rinsed it in strong running water for several minutes. (All this was done to remove the Vaseline I tried to use when I was a noob).

Will my core implode or something?

KubeKid73

Thrawst says to do that, but Badmephisto says not to. But he probably says not to because it sounds impractical. I'm probably going to try that.

WCA
2009JOHN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I notice after several washings, the screws inside a DIY get rusty because moisture has trouble escaping. I suppose it would be better if you can remove the caps as it dries. A store bought cube might get rusty rivets. I have been washing them for a long time, and will probably still do so if I feel I cannot wipe the spindle (core+centers+springs+screws/rivets) clean.

Last edited:
E

Ethan Rosen

What I would suggest doing is putting sand in there,
What I would suggest doing is not listening to that.
one of my Es turned a lot like the way you described. loosen a couple of the faces a drop and it should be much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.