• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cage method for a 5x5???

• Thread starter Deleted member 2864
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2864

I just got an eastsheen 5x5 today!!!! :) I solved the revenge using the cage method and for the 5x5 I want to use a similar method. Apparently there is a cage method for the 5x5 but I can't find a tutorial!!!! help please?? :D

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind guys. I learned the cage with an average of 16 min >.< so I learned redux with around 7:30 =)

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2009HONI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just adapt it, its the same,really. It has just more moves....:D which "cage" method were you using? there are so many variations out there...
tell me and I might be able to help you :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2864

The 4x4 method I use is where you make the first layer, do the second layer edges, do the last layer corners, last layer edges, 3rd layer edges, then finally finish it off by placing the centers.

I get how it's very similar but I'm confused on how you place the center "cross" pieces onto there spot. r U' l' U r' U' l U' places the corner pieces, not the center cross ones.

D

Deleted member 2864

Unfortunately, that seems far too much. Some of the algorithms don't seem to work... is there an easier version where I put them in one at a time (yes I'm a n00b)?

D

Deleted member 2864

also, how do you place 3rd layer edges??? it messes up the 2nd layer whenever I try...

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got an eastsheen 5x5 today!!!! :) I solved the revenge using the cage method and for the 5x5 I want to use a similar method. Apparently there is a cage method for the 5x5 but I can't find a tutorial!!!! help please?? :D

Thanks
I made a 5x5x5 cage method tutorial video. Its an EXTREMEMLY slow method, but very easy to learn. I wouldn't recommend it for speed, reduction is much faster.

WCA
2009HONI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Unfortunately, that seems far too much. Some of the algorithms don't seem to work... is there an easier version where I put them in one at a time (yes I'm a n00b)?

just learn the simple ones :)
hahaha.
3rd layer edges? i dun really know how to explain...bah..i saw a tutorial somewhere on youtube though :D
EDIT:
wait, just look to the post on top :D

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
I made a 5x5x5 cage method tutorial video. Its an EXTREMEMLY slow method, but very easy to learn. I wouldn't recommend it for speed, reduction is much faster.
Cage can be much faster too :p
But your method is a good method for beginners.

D

Deleted member 2864

actually could I have a full cage method tutorial???

D

Deleted member 2864

Omg... I dropped it and it shattered to a hundred of pieces... now to assemble it =b

and sorry for the double post

pelnied

ive been trying to look for one of these but i recommend learning to pair edges and solving the centers because i too learned th 4x4 cage first and wanted this but after i learned this (which took maybe 4 hours to get it down to being able to do it right every time) i could do the 4x4 much much faster

D

Deleted member 2864

Fixed it! Yeah... I found a good reduction method tutorial. :) If you use the reduction with a 5x5, will you be able to use it on the 4x4, 6x6, and 7x7?

D

Deleted member 2864

Actually, I went ahead and learned SA967St's tutorial. Really similar to my 4x4 method... but my PLL edge permute algs don't always seem to work... I had to solve it the begginers way. Help?

All of them work but the Z-perm. I use M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2 U2 M' U2 for it. Two of them gets permuted but two stay in place.

D

Deleted member 2864

Sorry for all of these questions but when I do the 3rd layer fix on the 4x4, I do l U2 l U2 F2 l F2 r U2 r' U2 l2. it doesn't seem to work when I do it on a 5x5 for the first layer though...

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Your first point is incorrect, and your second point is just a shitty assumption.

If either of them were true, they still wouldn't be reasons to not learn.