• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CadenTheCuber’s comp questions thread

Caden Fisher

WCA
2022FISH12
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all. I’ve got my first comp coming up on Dec, 3rd and I have a couple questions. First off, could someone note some things to improve in these solves? I really want a sub 20 average which I know I can get but just have to beat the nerves. Also, the cutoff for 5x5 is 1:45 and I average about 3 mins. Is there any way that I could get that fast in the next couple of days or not? Thanks

edit: sorry for the very loud breathing in the video. I’m kind of sick rn and am stuffed up. And the mic was about an inch from my mouth

the_swest

WCA
2022WEST09
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all. I’ve got my first comp coming up on Dec, 3rd and I have a couple questions. First off, could someone note some things to improve in these solves? I really want a sub 20 average which I know I can get but just have to beat the nerves. Also, the cutoff for 5x5 is 1:45 and I average about 3 mins. Is there any way that I could get that fast in the next couple of days or not? Thanks

edit: sorry for the very loud breathing in the video. I’m kind of sick rn and am stuffed up. And the mic was about an inch from my mouth
If you want to learn something quickly, I’d recommend full edge control. It is pretty intuitive, mostly consisting of sledgehammers and simple triggers

It’s basically where you insert your last f2l pair in a way that it solves the cross for OLL.

Here is a thread about it with an asset I’ve made for it: https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/full-edge-control-algset.88420/

Thanks!