• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

C4Y hardware problems

yeee707

WCA
2010YEEB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello, I'm trying to make a c4y core and springs with c-ii cubies hybrid. However, I can't seem to be able to tighten the screws farther than a certain point, yet the cube still feels extremely loose. I can still turn the screws, but it doesn't tighten. Did I strip the core or something? I really want to try that hybrid.

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
Is this happening to all 6 sides? try disassembling it and screwing in JUST the screws. make sure you are using the C4Y screws and not the C screws. the C screws are thinner. this may be your problem.

I love this hybrid combo and have made several and have not run into this issue.

yeee707

WCA
2010YEEB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am using the c4y screws, and I think that it may be due to the fact that I gotthe Long screws instead of the short ones. Did you use the short screws for your hybrid?