• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Budget pyraminx comparison

Which one is the best budget magnetic pyraminx without considering their prices?

• Sheng Shou mr.M pyraminx

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Qiyi QiMing pyraminx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
There are quite a number of budget pyraminxes. However, only 3 of the budget pyraminxes are magnetic. They are the YJ yulong v2M, sheng shou mr.M and the Z magnetic. Are they better than the ball bearings pyraminx, and, which one is the best?

Last edited:
Thread starter #2
The question is wrong as the poll contains some non magnetic pyraminx. Please ignore the word 'magnetic'. I don't know how to edit the poll question.

YuLong V2 pyraminx is great, but the corner cutting is weird. The reverse is the equivalent of 45 on a 3x3, but the normal cutting is terrible. Even on tight tensions the pieces separate and it locks up/ jams. It is a slower pyraminx yet it has a great feel. Overall I think it is great for $7 but you should pay $8 more for a huanglong

Thread starter #7
YuLong V2 pyraminx is great, but the corner cutting is weird. The reverse is the equivalent of 45 on a 3x3, but the normal cutting is terrible. Even on tight tensions the pieces separate and it locks up/ jams. It is a slower pyraminx yet it has a great feel. Overall I think it is great for $7 but you should pay $8 more for a huanglong
What about the Sheng Shou Mr.M Pyraminx and the Z Magnetic Pyraminx?

WCA
2016DOTY01
That's the norm these days. That started when the moyumagnetic and x-man bell came out.

Thread starter #10
I have heard that the YJ YuLong v2 M Pyraminx has weak magnets, while the Z Magnetic Pyraminx and the Sheng Shou Mr.M Pyraminx has strong magnets.

Last edited:
Thread starter #11
What we call normal corner cutting on NxN are actually reverse on pyraminx because of the mechanism of pyraminx.