• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] Brian Loftus - 17.09 one handed at Decatur Open

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Amazing?
That was a PLL skip.
I got a 21.46 average with 2 OLL skips and a PLL skip. (One Oll skip was forced)
Thats worse then my not warmed up times... I don't know what happens... I get on stage and just suck it up.

Doudou

WCA
2004CHAM01
Amazing?
That was a PLL skip.
I got a 21.46 average with 2 OLL skips and a PLL skip. (One Oll skip was forced)
Thats worse then my not warmed up times... I don't know what happens... I get on stage and just suck it up.

Lucky you !! It's the same for me... Solving in a competition makes me shake, and with one hand, shaking give very bad times.
I don't like OLL skips in comp because I shake too much on the PLL then. Pll skip is perfect. ;-)

fcwy1

YouTube
Visit Channel
lofty, be grateful that you can average so fast. many of us wish we could get that average.
The girl beside you is also quite fast.

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree DouDou PLL skips are the best! This one was a PLL skip, unfortunately I knew that when starting the OLL... Maybe its bad that I know when a lot of my algs yield PLL skips...
There is no girl beside me. That is Chris Foster who is a boy...
And well if you want to fulfill your wish then just practice OH as much as I have. You act like I should be grateful as if I can just magically average this fast without any work. I do an average of 100 almost everyday and have spent loads of time practicing and training my hand to be able to do the fingertricks and have the endurance

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't worry, once you go to more competitions, the nervousness will go away and it'll be "normal" (It'll feel like you're at home haha, especially if somehow the competition is in the same venue as it was held last time. Thus you won't be excited to explore the new area; your brain can just focus on the solve because you've seen/experienced the other things before already).

Sometimes, doing "bad" just keeps you going because you'll really look forward to the next comp where you're sure to do better. And you can learn from your past experience and work to improve it. Great job :D

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Personally, I prefer OLL skips, because with PLL skips I tend to end up throwing my cube away and slamming my hands on the timer. OLL skips are more obvious to me, and involve less damage >.<

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yea I'm glad I at least did slightly better then I did at nationals so I guess if I just keep getting a little better each time I'll eventually have the WR... I hope to start hosting competitions here so maybe that will help. I think my university will sponsor it if so then I'll host as often as possible lol. Anyone want to come to florida?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yea I'm glad I at least did slightly better then I did at nationals so I guess if I just keep getting a little better each time I'll eventually have the WR... I hope to start hosting competitions here so maybe that will help. I think my university will sponsor it if so then I'll host as often as possible lol. Anyone want to come to florida?

How much would it cost to get to Florida from California? I may be able to come next year, but it would be only a very slight chance.