• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Book Club: What are you reading?

What are (books) if not the nobelest recorded thoughts of man?

Tell us what you are reading these days. Do you like it? What else do you recommend we try out? I’ve see a “book club” style thread on most forums I’ve been a part of before. I’m always impressed and intrigued with what others are filling their minds with. By the very nature that we’ve all gathered here I believe there must be further intellectual curiously, humor, or interests we may share; perhaps through books.

I am currently reading Walden by Henry David Thoreau. The opening chapter was so heavy and hit me in the feels that I had to put it down at first; I did not have the mental capacity to absorb such words without frustration at the time of my first attempt. Reading it now is fantastic and intriguing.

Who’s next?

francisbaud

I'm not currently reading anything but the last book I've read was "The subtle art of not giving a f*ck" by Mark Manson

I'm not currently reading anything but the last book I've read was "The subtle art of not giving a f*ck" by Mark Manson
How did you like it? I read tons of self help/improvement books. This one had some good resonating points and other times i felt he was stretching a bit with his arguments. None the less it was a thought provoking body of words.

Right now I'm reading "The Walking Drum" by Louis L'Amour. Very interesting swashbuckling high adventure novel. :)
Interesting, I've only ever read L'Amours Western novels, this one seems to be set outside his usual pallet of circumstances.

I read Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace last weekend with all this COVID-19 uncertainty looming and while that made me feel good about driving a 21 year old vehicle and paying cash for everything i am just on edge these days. I need some soothing literature to help me escape it. Maybe i'll re-read some childhood classics, Harry Potter, the series of unfortunate events, Frog and Toad?!?

semiprime799

How did you like it? I read tons of self help/improvement books. This one had some good resonating points and other times i felt he was stretching a bit with his arguments. None the less it was a thought provoking body of words.

Interesting, I've only ever read L'Amours Western novels, this one seems to be set outside his usual pallet of circumstances.

I read Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace last weekend with all this COVID-19 uncertainty looming and while that made me feel good about driving a 21 year old vehicle and paying cash for everything i am just on edge these days. I need some soothing literature to help me escape it. Maybe i'll re-read some childhood classics, Harry Potter, the series of unfortunate events, Frog and Toad?!?
Yeah, from what I understand it was very hard for him to publish because people only knew him for his westerns. From what I understand it was supposed to be the first book in a trilogy of historical-fiction novel featuring the same protagonist. The novel was an enjoyable read. It contained a lot of historical tie-ins that were pretty entertaining to say the least.

I have a nice sized backlog of non-fiction technical books to read that I really need to start reading.