• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

BOCA availability?

bcube

Hi,

apparently it´s been some time since BOCA (dataBase Of Cubes Algorithm) worked perfectly at http://boca.a5.pl.

I would like to ask especially (but not only) Polish cubers: Will it be working again in the future? Or is it even working now somewhere else? Can you give me a contact to Matthew (author of BOCA)?

Any information about BOCA is appreciated.

Hazel

Premium Member
I've never heard of BOCA before, but my best guess is that the author Matthew lost interest in cubing, kept the website running for a little while longer, then shut it down because of cost vs. benefit. He probably saw that it was getting very little web traffic (again, I've never heard it mentioned by anyone before and I've been cubing for 5+ years), so he stopped paying its bills.
Check out the current Algorithm database, it's not updated that often but it has tons of algs available and it's run by a very prominent puzzle retailer, TheCubicle, so it probably own't go away anytime soon: algdb.net – There's also places like sarah.cubing.net and cyotheking.com that have a bunch of handy algorithms.

Reactions: h2f

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would like to ask especially (but not only) Polish cubers: Will it be working again in the future? Or is it even working now somewhere else? Can you give me a contact to Matthew (author of BOCA)?

I dont think it's gonna be up. You can try find him on facebook. I dont know anyone who has a contact with him.